• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

According to this website, http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ncdavhgs/WarMonument.pdf David Call was not killed while away during the Civil War. It does leave open the possibility that he returned from the war and died as a result of his wounds after the fact.

I'm beginning to think that Elizabeth had her daughter out of wedlock, given that her maiden name was Call, she had a brother named David, and there was another David & Elizabeth Call in Davie County at the time.

The other Elizabeth Call: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=call&GSiman=1&GScid=2191414&GRid=67723422&

Elizabeth Call Hobbs: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=call&GSiman=1&GScid=2191414&GRid=34577574&

I'm beginning to think that Elizabeth had her daughter out of wedlock, given that her maiden name was Call, she had a brother named David, and there was another David & Elizabeth Call in Davie County at the time.

The other Elizabeth Call: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=call&GSiman=1&GScid=2191414&GRid=67723422&

Elizabeth Call Hobbs: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=call&GSiman=1&GScid=2191414&GRid=34577574&

Notice the mispelling of Elizabeth on headstone of the first one you linked:
67723422_130256315581.jpg

The two Elizabeths were born a mere months apart in 1835.

So what is the deal with the possessed kid now? You know, the one whos eyes rolled back in it's head?

So what is the deal with the possessed kid now? You know, the one whos eyes rolled back in it's head?

I havent spoken to the family in a couple weeks. I emailed the mother last night asking her to detail out all of the occurances they experienced. I'll post the response once I get it.

Notice the mispelling of Elizabeth on headstone of the first one you linked:
67723422_130256315581.jpg

The two Elizabeths were born a mere months apart in 1835.

I'd be pissed.

What if elziabeth is the mean ghost because of the tombstone? Milt sounds like a cool dude to me.

as someone who is quite particular about her elizabeth, i would DEFINITELY come back about that.

See... now we are onto something. Someone fix the tombstone, get milt a beer, and party with the now friendly ghosts.

I don't understand why ghosts in stories people tell are always mean? Why aren't there awesome ghosts that do cool stuff?

See... now we are onto something. Someone fix the tombstone, get milt a beer, and party with the now friendly ghosts.

I don't understand why ghosts in stories people tell are always mean? Why aren't there awesome ghosts that do cool stuff?

Casper-Friendly-Ghost-3.jpg

I spoke with the local historian tonight, who also is the niece of Milt and Annie. She's in her 80s and gave me a lot of insight. The daughter that died in the crib was Laurette in 1922. It didn't take place in that house, but a house a few houses down. Her crib was placed too close to the fireplace, and died of smoke inhalation. She couldn't recall if the crib caught fire or not, but now that I know the date and child's name, I feel confident that I can get the newspaper article.

She also mentioned to me that she had heard instances of a tall man, dressed in mid 1800s era clothing that has been seen walking around the house. Until I mentioned it to her tonight, she had no idea that Milton Hobbs lived in the house. I'm hoping there is a picture of him somewhere, so I can at least get an idea of his height. My guess is it's still Milton Hobbs and he's upset about how the land was divided after his death. It doesn't explain the 4th tall girl at the foot of the bed, but it's a sound theory IMO.

so when are the folks coming to investigate? I got lost in the details and family tree recently in this thread, so I'm gonna check back for when they do their thing.

November.

I talked to the mom last night. Their stuff is almost entirely out of the house, and she's going to write down all of her hauntings to present for the investigators.

I spoke with the local historian tonight, who also is the niece of Milt and Annie. She's in her 80s and gave me a lot of insight. The daughter that died in the crib was Laurette in 1922. It didn't take place in that house, but a house a few houses down. Her crib was placed too close to the fireplace, and died of smoke inhalation. She couldn't recall if the crib caught fire or not, but now that I know the date and child's name, I feel confident that I can get the newspaper article.

She also mentioned to me that she had heard instances of a tall man, dressed in mid 1800s era clothing that has been seen walking around the house. Until I mentioned it to her tonight, she had no idea that Milton Hobbs lived in the house. I'm hoping there is a picture of him somewhere, so I can at least get an idea of his height. My guess is it's still Milton Hobbs and he's upset about how the land was divided after his death. It doesn't explain the 4th tall girl at the foot of the bed, but it's a sound theory IMO.

Very fruitful conversation! I agree with your theory about Dr. Hobbs.

Just got back from the library. IMO it's definitely Milton Hobbs, and he's pissed over how the land was divyd up. He didn't have a will, and was part of a few dozen lawsuits obtaining land during his life, presumably for debts that people couldn't pay him. His last wife and children were all sued after his death and they ended up auctioning most of his lands on the front steps of the courthouse.

He was married 4 times, and I got all the names and dates and even a copy of a couple marriage certificates.

I also found the newspaper article where the child died in the crib. I'll try to type up the story later on tonight. Made some incredible headway today.

Back