• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

Orrknder V. Chaffin.
and consulted with his counsel as to the title, and that th administrator advertised to sell in thirty days, refused to postpone the sale and afterwards invited objections to selling, taken in connection with the very great inadequacy of the price and other circumstances, might have been presented by counsel in the argument, as apparently inconsistent with and having a tendency to contradict the plaintiff's statement that he acted in good faith. If the answer distinctly charge a fraudulent combination, or was aided by the answer of Chaffin so as to cure the defective pleading, an issue should have been submitted involving the question whether there was a fraudulent combination. It would seem no<r, that whatever defect there may be in the allegation of fraud, the answer is aided in this respect by the denial of collusi by the other party. The question whether Conatzer forbai the sale and thereby caused the land to bring a small price, would bear upon the main issue, but would not be decisive of the controversy. If Orrender acted in good faith and the land sold for a song, simply because of the imprudent and unfortunate course pursued by the purchasers, claiming under the heir?: at law, the validity of the sale and of the Sheriff's deed cannot be successfully assailed. His Honor should have submitted an appropriate issue involving and decisive of the questions whether the purchase was made in good faith, or whether there was a.fraudulent combination I which prevented the land from bringing a fair price. 'n; his instruction to the jury, it was his right, and might have i been made by proper requests his duty, to recapitulate to 1 the jury all of the testimony lending to establish ortodis-| prove the allegation of fraud set up as a ground of affirmative relief.
Counsel did not insist, with apparent confidence, upoU the view that the purchasers from the heirs at law took a good title despite the power of sale contained in the will. We will not, therefore, discuss that subject at any considerable Orrender V. Chaffin.
length, as the will of David Call, Sr., was construed in the case of Orrender v. Call, 101 N. C, 399, and it was held that the administrator had power under the will to convey the land after the death of his widow. It was also held in that case that no alienation of a devisee operated to defeat the power of sale, and that the possession of the alienee under such deed was not adverse. It will be possible, if any mistake has been made as to the number of devisees under the will, to correct it when another judgment shall be entered.
It was proper to make the administrator Chaffin a party defendant, as it was necessary to have him before the Court before the demand for affirmative relief could be heard and granted.
For the error of the Court in directing the response of the jury to the issues, a new trial must be awarded to the plaintiff.
Error.
APPEAL OF THE DEFENDANT CONATZEk.
Avery, J.: The defendant appeals from the ruling of the Court directing the issues to be found in his favor, and to the refusal to give instructions prayed for. Under the circumstances, it is too plain for argument that there is no error in the ruling of the Court, of which the defendant Conatzer could justly complain. There was no error assigned except that mentioned, which seems to have been the common ground of exception by both parties.

that is a lot of words.

wakephan09 said:
I read very few of those words.

Could "Ghost of Milt" provide a summary for those of us with absolutely no intention of reading those words?

M. Night Shyamalan twist at the end of all this: we find out TSY is the ghost.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

tsywake has begun to take this to an unhealthy place. He should hold off on any further posts on this topic until he captures the ghost.

The only way that "knowing the background makes it much more exciting" is that if tsywake is able to somehow prove that the ghost of Milton is indeed haunting that house and taking temporary possession of holy rolling teenage occupants. As that will never happen, it is not exciting.

Also David Call was a non-commissioned officer 1st corporal in Company G 75th NC Calvary 16th battalion during the Civil War. Date of enlistment September 3rd 1862. This was taken from "Roster of NC Troops" by JW Moore and the list of combatants from the NC general assembly.

"16th Cavalry Battalion [also called 75th Regiment-7th Cavalry] was formed in July, 1864, by consolidating the five North Carolina companies of the 7th Confederate Cavalry Regiment, the three North Carolina companies of the 62nd Georgia Cavalry Regiment, a nd Company C of the 12th North Carolina Cavalry Battalion. Assigned to W.P. Roberts' Brigade, the unit skirmished the Federals in Eastern North Carolina and south of the James River, then was active in the Appomattox operations. During March, 1865, it contained 315 officers and men but surrendered with only 48."

Methinks he probably died at the battle of Appomattox.

Doubtful, IMO. Roberts's brigade did some skirmishing at Appo, most notably chasing off a Federal battery, but the brunt of the fighting (and hence casualties) were borne by Gordon's (infantry) corps, and total deaths likely only numbered about 100.

Much more likely he was killed in the constant skirmishing around Petersburg from July to April, or, most likely of all, died from disease during the siege.

The only way that "knowing the background makes it much more exciting" is that if tsywake is able to somehow prove that the ghost of Milton is indeed haunting that house and taking temporary possession of holy rolling teenage occupants. As that will never happen, it is not exciting.

That's my hope. Figure out enough of the history so the investigators will know what to ask when they come, to hopefully find out who it is.

backpack-laser-ghost-trap.jpg

Looks like we can get one of these babies on Ebay for $200.

So what is the deal now with the possessed kid? Where did the evil spirit come from? Someone in that house fucked with an ouija board at some point.

http://dc.lib.unc.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/ncmaps&CISOPTR=3414&CISOBOX=1&REC=1

According to this map from 1936, look on the very eastern part of the county near the Fulton Township. The home of JM Livengood is where my house is currently. I've established that my great grandfather bought our land from Milt Livengood and there used to be a homeplace where my parents house is now. I'm much more intertwined in this haunted house than I'd like to be.

http://dc.lib.unc.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/ncmaps&CISOPTR=3414&CISOBOX=1&REC=1

According to this map from 1936, look on the very eastern part of the county near the Fulton Township. The home of JM Livengood is where my house is currently. I've established that my great grandfather bought our land from Milt Livengood and there used to be a homeplace where my parents house is now. I'm much more intertwined in this haunted house than I'd like to be.

Where on that map would the haunted house be?

I'm revising my position from ghost of milt agnostic to aghostofmiltist. I think the following holds water:

Is the ghost of milt bound by logic?
There are only 3 possible answers:
1. Yes
2. No
3. Logic is fallible

Case 1:
1. The ghost of milt is bound by logic
2. The ghost of milt is supernatural. The ghost of milt shares no attributes with natural phenomena according to the Cartesian dualist definition of the supernatural.
3. The ghost of milt is non-spatial
4. The ghost of milt is spatial because he resides in the TSY house
5. 3 and 4 result in a contradiction, an internal inconsistency, therefore the ghost of milt does not exist.

Case 2:
1. The ghost of milt is not bound by logic
2. The ghost of milt is infinite
3. The ghost of milt resides in the TSY house
4. 2 and 3 lead to a contradiction, therefore the ghost of milt does not exist.

Case 3:
1. Logic is fallible.
2. None of this including this sentence or any sentence has any meaning on any level.
3. Nothing exists, therefore the ghost of milt does not exist.

And yes, I do have too much free time. Now back to the ghost stories!

Back