• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paris

And then you hope America has the resolve to finish the job this time

I agree completely with Deacs89. We never should have taken troops away from Afghanistan, or under-sourced troops going into Tora Bora when we knew OBL and top AQ lieutenants were in those mountains. Gotta make sure we get the right guys this time and not some dude/nation that had nothing to do with the attack.

Not even gonna get into it right now it's not the time. The fact that you have no idea
How Isis rose from jv to this is concerning

Just wondering what the end game is. A smoldering crater in the region? Occupation in perpetuity?

Just wondering what the end game is. A smoldering crater in the region? Occupation in perpetuity?

I know it isn't to pull all the forces out and announce the withdrawal date. Can we agree that was a disaster after all the US blood and treasure was spent there

awful news, such a beautiful city. hard to believe nato won't be involved in some sort of response.

I know it isn't to pull all the forces out and announce the withdrawal date. Can we agree that was a disaster after all the US blood and treasure was spent there

It was a disaster that all that US blood and treasure was spent there in the first place.

There will always be evil. The US just can't plant ourselves in a country for perpetuity to fight an unwinable fight.

Find the people who committed these acts and aided in these acts and make them pay.

After?

The entire Iraq War 2 + occupation was an unmitigated disaster and the worst US foreign policy mistake in history. Worse than Vietnam. Worse than Korea. Worse than the Spanish-American War.

The. Worst. Ever.

After?

The entire Iraq War 2 + occupation was an unmitigated disaster and the worst US foreign policy mistake in history. Worse than Vietnam. Worse than Korea. Worse than the Spanish-American War.

The. Worst. Ever.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

After?

The. Worst. Ever.

But despite all that pulling out and announcing our withdrawal was that smart ? I am not arguing the merits of the Iraq war but even in life you get in situations and you have to say ok lets not argue how we got here right now what is the best decision moving forward. If you can't admit Obama's decisions were a disaster then you're no better than the people you loathe.

Last edited:
But despite all that pulling out and announcing our withdrawal was that smart ? I am not arguing the merits of the Iraq war but even in life you get in situations and you have to say ok lets not argue how we got here right now what is the best decision moving forward. If you can't admit Obama's decisions were a disaster then you're no better than the people you loathe.

I believe in sunk costs.

I fully agreed with pulling out of Iraq. I wish we would pull out of Afghanistan. What in the fucking fuck are we even doing there still? It's stupid and reeks of dick-grabbing machismo that went out of style in the 80s.

And I entirely disagree with your false premise of you cannot evaluate how you got into a situation in order to figure out how to handle the situation and resolve the situation in the best way possible. You must take that information into account going forward. To do otherwise is hubris of the highest order.

The United States engaged in a "preemptive" war to stop Iraq from using biological and chemical weapons "that they had" (spoiler alert! they didn't) and to do so they took troops away from Afghanistan in fighting those that brought 9/11 to our doorstep (AQ) and those that harbored them before, during, and after the fact (Taliban).

And Deacs89 wants to talk about withdrawing from Iraq after an horrific quagmire...

that lasted years with no exit strategy in place before we went to war, no plan for government succession thought of by the previous administration, and no apparent end in sight unless we just stuck troops in the middle of the Middle East until all Sunnis and Shi'as decided they were cool with each other and would get along (never mind how that would have actually come about, pesky details like that are just background noise.) Didn't need that info before the invasion. Don't need that info for staying.

... like it is Obama's Administration's fault that the Middle East is worse now than it was on September 12th, 2001.

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Can we try to keep this thread on the subject of Paris and not blame game between Obama and W?

After?

The. Worst. Ever.

Woah. Woah. Woah.

We're anti Spanish-American War now?

You've obviously never spent an entire spring break drinking water downed Bacardi and red.

#RoughRiders4lyfe

Can we try to keep this thread on the subject of Paris and not blame game between Obama and W?

That makes sense for tonight, but at some point it's certainly worth pointing out how the conditions which led to this mess came about. It might not be feasible to stay out of it now, but whoever the commander in chief is going forward would do well to acknowledge that our "not staying out of it" is at least partly responsible for what's happening today.

Back