• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Password managers

1Password. You need the whole set up though. Mobile app, desktop app, browser extensions, etc. That's what I use and I have been very happy with it. I have basically all Apple products, but 1Password is also available on Android and Windows. I could not imagine life without 1Password TBH.

Keeppass is alright. Using Password Corral now and like it.

I use KeePass and it works great on my PC, but no auto-sync to iOS (and the iOS app isn't official). I've wanted to try stuff like LastPass, but I really don't want to pay a monthly sub.

Lifehacker has a good comparison of your many options: http://lifehacker.com/lifehacker-faceoff-the-best-password-managers-compare-1682443320

I stand by my 1Password recommendation. For one, I like it's feature set and design over LastPass. I use Dropbox to sync my 1Password "vault." Even if my Dropbox account were compromised, someone would have to have my "master password" to crack the encryption. Secondly, I appreciate that 1PW is a one-time cost. They don't use the subscription model as LastPass does. It's probably a matter of personal preference though. I will say whichever one you try first is probably the one you will stick with because it's a bit of a hassle to transfer all of that information more than once.

I stand by my 1Password recommendation. For one, I like it's feature set and design over LastPass.

My issue with 1Password is the lack of two-factor authentication. That's a non-starter for me considering how important that single log-in is.

My issue with 1Password is the lack of two-factor authentication. That's a non-starter for me considering how important that single log-in is.

Yeah, that's something that flagged me in the Lifehacker review (from Jan 2015). I'm hoping to use something that integrates with Touch ID. Some of them do.

Here's a more current comparo.

http://www.asecurelife.com/dashlane-vs-lastpass-vs-1password-vs-roboform-vs-keepass/

I like this part.

1Password Review

Cons
- Doesn’t always bring up the correct password

I've been using 1Password every day for three years now and I have never had that happen, but I could see how that would be frustrating. It does seem like development for the Windows version of 1PW lags behind the other platforms, so that's something to consider if you're a Windows person.

Partially on topic: length is more important than randomization and special characters when it comes to passwords. If you can control details of the passwords your PW manager creates, make them long. And definitely have a long password for your main login to the password manager. I like to use a password based off of a sentence I can easily remember, while using capitols and special characters. Something like:

Cheering for the Demon Deacons is a guaranteed method for creating sadness and depression!
C4tDDi@gm4cs&d!

lastpass. premium costs like $5 a year and it adds mobile. i will say that the autofill feature on Android is a little buggy and wonky.

Back