• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Password managers

lastpass. premium costs like $5 a year and it adds mobile. i will say that the autofill feature on Android is a little buggy and wonky.

It's $12, but the point still stands that it's basically $0.

Yes. I like two factor and use it, but not giving my p-words to app managers.

I would argue that it improves my electronic security, especially if I keep using two-factor authentication along with my fingerprint scanner on my phone. I don't even both trying to remember passwords because I never use the same one.

I would argue that it improves my electronic security, especially if I keep using two-factor authentication along with my fingerprint scanner on my phone. I don't even both trying to remember passwords because I never use the same one.

Interesting. I need to look into this more...

Plugging Lastpass here. The biggest benefit, besides the obvious improvement in security, is that I can use the phone app to log into things without having to type 16 digit passwords for a random app that I created an account on two years ago. I also use it to keep track of my multitude of work passwords - another benefit as those are required to be changed so often.

I have something like 300 passwords in LastPass. I now use randomly generated passwords that are as long and complex as a site will allow. I really can't imagine my digital life without it.

I think the security you gain from having randomized and different passwords for every login you use and then only having to remember one complicated/secure password more than offsets the danger of having your info stored all in one place, especially as long as that place does a good job with encryption and security. That's literally what they do, as opposed to all of the other sights where you may be using the same passwords that are compromised all of the time because their focus is not security. Password managers make security convenient.

Back