• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Past 5 years in the ACC

It basically shows GT and State were justified in letting Hewitt and Lowe go, and we probably should have kept Dino.

It basically shows GT and State were justified in letting Hewitt and Lowe go, and we probably should have kept Dino.

Rouq, JJ and JT all say hello. Ish says hi.

Not sure why people have so much trouble understanding why we averaged 9 wins in the ACC during Dino's tenure.

fair but we could have done worse. see: mark gottfried

State hired a coach who was fired for misconduct, hasn't had an actual job for 2 years, and they STILL got a coach better than we did.

There's some perspective for Wake fans.

Paul Hewitt: 7 NCAA Tournament Wins
Anthony Grant: 1 NCAA Tournament Win

Rouq, JJ and JT all say hello. Ish says hi.

Not sure why people have so much trouble understanding why we averaged 9 wins in the ACC during Dino's tenure.

Yep. For some reason, people think recruiting has been the problem at Wake when it's been the main thing keeping Wake afloat in the post-Duncan era.

The thing I think this data shows is how mediocre our "good" years have been and how absolutely awful the "bad" ones have been. Probably more the former than the latter.

Everyone knew this year sucked and would bring down an average. But even 2 NCAA Tournament seasons didn't prove to be anything amazing. Skip's last year was bad and Dion's first wasn't much better, but because they led to decent teams the next two years it was easier to be okay with it.

Regardless of how they turned out, those lean years in 2006-2008 were made a lot easier when people knew we had AT&T coming. The problem right now is that no one is very confident with when the next good news is going to come. I'm hopeful for the kids coming in the next few years, but they clearly aren't bringing the hope that came with a class like AT&T.

Yep. For some reason, people think recruiting has been the problem at Wake when it's been the main thing keeping Wake afloat in the post-Duncan era.

Recruiting has certainly not been a problem. Convincing them to stay has been.

Here, just whipped these up:

3yroverall.gif

3yracc.gif

can someone explain how to read these?

take the average winning percentage over the last three years, so the column marked 2005 is the average of 2003, 2004 and 2005; the column marked 2011 is the average of years 2009, 2010, 2011.
it helps soften out anomalous years and shows overall trends, like GT sucking more and more

Nice work on the chart. Maybe smoothing out the lines would help make it easier to understand but that's good for a quick chart.

The moral of the story to me is that we need to take what Leonard Hamilton is doing at FSU much more seriously.

The fact that we start even with Duke and end near the bottom is pathetic.

oh ok i get it. great call man, i just wasn't sure how to read it but i like it.

I honestly had no idea we were THAT bad. Wow.

May I ask why? It's not like he's graphing some obscure information. It's our record over the Skip/Dino/Bz era. It's something everybody knows.

May I ask why? It's not like he's graphing some obscure information. It's our record over the Skip/Dino/Bz era. It's something everybody knows.

Selective amnesia or just black and gold glasses. Always felt like we were either competting with the big boys or a year or two away while still not being a disaster (last year aside).

And I was looking at just the total wins. Didn't expect to be at the bottom.

I'm with BSD... Without actually looking at the statistics, it didn't feel like we were doing that poorly.

I think we dont see the trends because we hold on to our shining years, where programs like Duke and UNC stay there with only the occasional flop year. Odom had good years and mediocre years, same with skip and dino. I know i tend to concentrate on the Childress/Duncan span, then Josh Howard and Chris Paul, then the 2 years of Johnson, Teague and Aminu (with a good supporting cast as well) and forget about the not as good Robert O'Kelley years, Shamaine Dukes, and this year (regardless I think which coach we had this year would have been unsatisfying for me).

I know we are playing in some sort of tournament to start the season, but have they released the schedule for next year for basketball?

Back