• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pat Knight Goes Bananas

This is a different day, so many talented kids are undisciplined and resent efforts to coach them into playing for the team and not for themselves. He was going after seniors not freshmen or sophomores. Apparently he had tried more private measures and resorted to public humiliation. Very risky; but I suspect that a lot of coaches understood exactly what he was saying, even if they lack the fortitude to do it themselves.

Now if he had recruited those guys what he did would be self-condemning. Sounds like they have some serious character problems. If so, he was sending a message not primarily to the seniors but to underclassmen and recruits. He was going after the seniors because apparently they were unresponsive to every other effort; but his real intention was to establish norms for the future. We'll see how it all plays out...but coaching today is different.

This is a different day, so many talented kids are undisciplined and resent efforts to coach them into playing for the team and not for themselves. He was going after seniors not freshmen or sophomores. Apparently he had tried more private measures and resorted to public humiliation. Very risky; but I suspect that a lot of coaches understood exactly what he was saying, even if they lack the fortitude to do it themselves.

lack the fortitude or don't suck at their job and dealing with players and don't have to resort to this nonsense. Pat's a loser. I hate when pathetic casting the blame on others is mistaken for hard nosed telling the truth. Dude has failed every stop he's been and I'm sure it's always other people's fault. Oh and he only gets the jobs he fails at because of his father. I doubt many coaches empathize with him (despite what he says)

Last edited:

Now if he had recruited those guys what he did would be self-condemning. Sounds like they have some serious character problems. If so, he was sending a message not primarily to the seniors but to underclassmen and recruits. He was going after the seniors because apparently they were unresponsive to every other effort; but his real intention was to establish norms for the future. We'll see how it all plays out...but coaching today is different.

Nailed it. Complely agree, Mebane.

is bob knight gonna have to choke a bitch?

I think mebanedeac is right....and you are wrong. Too many young players are being coddled today. They've been told how great they were since they were in the 8th grade and feel that they know more than their coaches. I would think that WF fans would understand that, after all this program has been thru in recent years.

These two positions are not mutually exclusive. Young players might need tough, real talk and Pat knight can be a spoon fed disaster of a coach.

lack the fortitude or don't suck at their job and dealing with players and don't have to resort to this nonsense. Pat's a loser. I hate when pathetic casting the blame on others is mistaken for hard nosed telling the truth. Dude has failed every stop he's been and I'm sure it's always other people's fault. Oh and he only gets the jobs he fails at because of his father. I doubt many coaches empathize with him (despite what he says)

Sidney Lowe was a loser.

Pat Knight is obviously a winner!

Lamar is going dancing!

The seniors could go into the tank for the rest of the year and cost his school a bunch of money by not making The Dance when they could have.

Part of that money should be deducted form Knight's salary.

:rofl:

His team was in the running for an NCAA Berth. the seniors had to be playing at some point.

The seniors could go into the tank for the rest of the year and cost his school a bunch of money by not making The Dance when they could have.

Part of that money should be deducted form Knight's salary.

Nice call. You really should stop thinking out loud.

Can we keep track of the things that RJ posts that are 100% wrong. This would fall under that category.

Man, a whole lot of folks on this board get their jollies off on calling out rj. He gave one POSSIBLE example of something that might happen from the rant. Notice the "could." He didn't make a fucking definitive prediction.

Lots of ways to motivate people... this worked well in this particular situation. Good for them.

It's a message board and we talk shit. Get with the program.

Well, now.... It looks like that if they can beat Vermont, we might have a lot of Pat Knight fans on this board later this week.

Lots of men will pick up an ugly woman because she's the only available option at the time. They're not proud of it and usually feel awful about it the next day.

Last edited:
Back