• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paterno Dead at Age 85

Dude, Joe Paterno tried to say he had never heard of "Rape and a man."

Really? No way in hell.

The lady who did the interview (name slips my mind) came out immediately and said people took that out of context..he meant the sick concept was so unthinkable he couldn't wrap his head around it. That came directly from the interviewer, not my opinion

Just saying that the power of denial can be quite powerful when it comes to very close friends and/or significant others. Granted this doesn't seem to be the case in this situation, the whole having kids around him and staying at his house shit is creepy as hell, But we don't know for sure what McQueery told JoePa, and since I don't know I don't feel comfortable thinking the guy should fry. It's not at least possible that McQueery is over-exxagerating what he told JoePa to help clear his conscience?

Paterno's legacy is fucked. Ass fucked Sandusky style.

He is the Nixon of college coaches. A huge black mark.

The guy who let his buddy rape kids (you'll never be head coach at Penn State; focus your energies on your foundation!"

Thanks coach!!!!

Here are the facts then.

1. Paterno knew that his friend was raping boys.
2. He didn't go to the cops, he went to his boss and didn't follow up on it.

Here are the facts then.

1. Paterno knew that his friend was raping boys.
2. He didn't go to the cops, he went to his boss and didn't follow up on it.

Wrong. His friend was accussed. He did follow up and was told an investigation was under way.

Paterno's legacy is fucked. Ass fucked Sandusky style.

He is the Nixon of college coaches. A huge black mark.

The guy who let his buddy rape kids (you'll never be head coach at Penn State; focus your energies on your foundation!"

Thanks coach!!!!

Shocking, another idiotic comment from moon

Wrong. His friend was accussed. He did follow up and was told an investigation was under way.

Not this shit again. What about the first time in 98 which resulted in the Sandusky firing? Joepa had no idea right?

Philly clearly misses the point Re: "follow up."

I need to see the authors of the tags....grant me mod powers for a day!

Anyone who thinks facts are in grand jury reports clearly does not know our grand jury system.

Except the facts regarding Paterno's apathy were confirmed by Paterno himself in his most recent interview.

He passed the buck (at least that's what he said). There seems to be a minority of people who are okay with this. Not surprisingly, this minority consist solely of crazy penn state fans who admire someone because he coached a game.

I love how people keep saying, "I need more facts! Dont rush to judgment." Uh, Paterno admitted to knowing and not notifying the police in 2002. He simply told "his bosses." So, I ask, what fact is missing, that if filled in, would make this behavior acceptable?

Also, given the overwhelming evidence that nothing was done at Penn State without JoePa's blessing, why is it when they are faced with their biggest scandal in 2002, he seemingly has no input?

Joe Paterno, to many of our dismay, was undeniably part of the guilty parties that allowed that sleeze ball Sandusky to prey and continue to prey on innocent victims. For that his legacy, one that was second to none in the college football ranks, will be forever tarnished. Now that he's dead, nothing will change that. I hesitate however to piss on his grave and wish him eternal damnation in hell. if hell does exist and no matter how bad his transgressions I chose to forgive and wish that he RIP.

Philly, why don't you honor Paterno by just ignoring this thread altogether.

Back