• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paterno Dead at Age 85

I honestly have no fucking clue how anyone can defend Paterno. To the rest of the world (I live in minnesota and everyone I know here thinks Paterno is a complete scumbag now) he is/was an absolute joke of a human being. To not do more to protect kids is disgusting. Seeing the unbelievable cult like attitude of Penn staters now it is pretty clear why he didn't go further and that is just sick. He put Penn state above the welfare of children and there is absolutely no excuse for that. I hope Satan is jabbing the pitchfork up his ass right now. Bunch of sick fucks in western pa.

In other words since we've never been through a situation like this we can't comment on it nor can we have an opinion on it despite knowing facts about the situation.*

*However if you've never been in a situation like this yet you believe that JoePa did everything he could then feel free to comment as much as you like.

You can have an opinion on what you think the right course of action would've been, but of course that's much easier in hindsight than it often is in the moment. Condemnation OTH is for those who have a superior sense of self, those who don't think they're susceptible to the same failings as others - basically, those that don't have a clue.

You can have an opinion on what you think the right course of action would've been, but of course that's much easier in hindsight than it often is in the moment. Condemnation OTH is for those who have a superior sense of self, those who don't think they're susceptible to the same failings as others - basically, those that don't have a clue.

This failing allowed multiple young people to be raped over the course of 8 years. This wasn't a parking ticket this is a horribly egregious error that resulted in irreparable harm for many people.

Well then I guess you're not mad at anyone then (except Sandusky) when it comes to this incident including BoT and McQueery since you've never been in a situation similar to BoT or McQueery. According to your definition if you condemned BoT and McQueery then you're one of those "that don't have a clue." So not only people who are anti-JoePa clueless but also people who are anti-Mcqueery and anti-BoT. In a nutshell pretty much everyone who has a negative opinion of anyone in this incident is clueless then.

Last edited:
Not only do I not get an apology from Philly for outright lying about me I get a neg rep from him. Nice!

Considering the amount of money knight has made off the abuse of children it just seemed fitting didn't it?

Ahhh, so now Philip knight is abusing children. Gotcha.

Some people keep referring to the Penn State CULT. Are people, not from Penn State, still a part of the cult? Or what is your clasification of the;

Ditka's, knights, Meyer's, Bowden's of the world. People who didn't go to Penn State but have openly expressed their support.

At any point, do ANY of you direct your venom to those who didn't prosecute Sandusky for 10 years?

Look, we are going to go round and round in circles. I believe this is the 3rd thread of at least 10 pages related to this topic.

Maybe, just maybe, I can turn the conversation a little.

I'm asking this question in all seriousness.

WHY, did no one arrest Sandusky when it was reported? Say what you want about Paterno not doing enough, fine, but he did in fact report it to the AD, the President of the univesity, (neither of them had been tied to any negativity before), and it was reported to the police.
Now, Why did nothing happen to Sandusky?

I know, I'm interested in Schultz, Curley and Spanier taking the stand and someone asking these questions.

philly, you should just stay off these threads unless you enjoy getting roundly mocked.

or you should calm down on them

philly, you should just stay off these threads unless you enjoy getting roundly mocked.

or you should calm down on them

I am calm, I was just asking a question to turn this thread into more of an open discussion, instead of everyone repeating their opinion over and over again.

Translation: If your opinion is that JoePa did something wrong, you have "no clue" because you are "condemning" him. If your opinion is JoePa is the best because he's old, won football games, and some of his players became teachers, and that's more important than turning a blind eye to child rape, then you are smarter than everyone and a better human being to boot.

(No swear words this time so as to not offend your sensibilities, Eagle fan).

Ahhh, so now Philip knight is abusing children. Gotcha.

Some people keep referring to the Penn State CULT. Are people, not from Penn State, still a part of the cult? Or what is your clasification of the;

Ditka's, knights, Meyer's, Bowden's of the world. People who didn't go to Penn State but have openly expressed their support.

At any point, do ANY of you direct your venom to those who didn't prosecute Sandusky for 10 years?

Look, we are going to go round and round in circles. I believe this is the 3rd thread of at least 10 pages related to this topic.

Maybe, just maybe, I can turn the conversation a little.

I'm asking this question in all seriousness.

WHY, did no one arrest Sandusky when it was reported? Say what you want about Paterno not doing enough, fine, but he did in fact report it to the AD, the President of the univesity, (neither of them had been tied to any negativity before), and it was reported to the police.
Now, Why did nothing happen to Sandusky?

I know, I'm interested in Schultz, Curley and Spanier taking the stand and someone asking these questions.

Do you have something showing that the "McQueery Incident" was reported to the police in 2002?

That wasn't him, for the record.

Hmmmm

In that case

I am sorry that I misrepresented you Philly. I thought for sure you were the one that neg reped me by the wording of it. I will try to be more accurate in the future.

Gary Schultz is head of the police.

lol

He was the VP of Finance and Business. Sure his office had "oversight" over the police but to claim that he is "the head of police" shows outright that you are not as interested in facts as you keep claiming. You are interested in keeping your cult leader clean. No big deal...that is what cult followers do.

As I mentioned earlier, I am not going to continue to talk about Paterno. Everyone has stated their opinion and there is no need to say it over and over and over again. You, feel free.

Fine, I'll change how I phrase it. The man who OVER SEE's the action of the police was informed of this. I'm interested in understanding what steps he took, or didn't take after being made aware of these allegations?

Ok? If you are interested in this case, this has to be a point of interest, doesn't it?

Back