• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pathetic UNC football

WFU71

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
They look like the 5th best team in North Carolina (at best). Can ECU beat them next week in Greenville (UNC will have 10 players out due to suspension)? Their last game is Western Carolina at home, but they might be out of bowl consideration by then. Hell, The Hat could be history by then.

They look like the 5th best team in North Carolina (at best). Can ECU beat them next week in Greenville (UNC will have 10 players out due to suspension)? Their last game is Western Carolina at home, but they might be out of bowl consideration by then. Hell, The Hat could be history by then.

As they say in Texas, Fedora is all hat and no cattle - lots of motivational tough talk with very little to back it up. That 11-3 season a few years ago was clearly a fluke, due mainly to an extremely favorable schedule (and they still lost to a crappy Gamecock team and the two best teams they played at the end of the season, including getting blown out in their bowl game that year by a backup QB.) If he doesn't get to at least six wins and beats one of NC State or Duke, I think they'll dump him at the end of the year. The question is who they could bring in to replace him.

As they say in Texas, Fedora is all hat and no cattle - lots of motivational tough talk with very little to back it up. That 11-3 season a few years ago was clearly a fluke, due mainly to an extremely favorable schedule (and they still lost to a crappy Gamecock team and the two best teams they played at the end of the season, including getting blown out in their bowl game that year by a backup QB.) If he doesn't get to at least six wins and beats one of NC State or Duke, I think they'll dump him at the end of the year. The question is who they could bring in to replace him.

Satterfield would be a major upgrade.

UNC quarterback had a QB rating .7 in the first half of their game. I think Hartman was around 120.

UNC hasn't had or hired a "decent" coach since Mack Brown left, and I wouldn't put Brown into the category of a consistently good coach. They had the chance to hire Steve Spurrier when he came back into college coaching, and didn't make it happen. Instead they've hired Bunting, Torbush, Davis, Chizik, and this dweeb.....all losers. Maybe they'll go for Randy Edsel , Al Golden or some other goofball and keep it rolling. Their AD's over the past 20+ years have been pretty bad.

ECU's game yesterday got postponed to this afternoon due to storms, so ECU will be coming off a short week. On the other hand, it will be at ECU's house which is a tough place to play, and ECU always has a huge chip on their shoulder for this game.

CBS still has Carolina going to the Sun Bowl.

UNC hasn't had or hired a "decent" coach since Mack Brown left, and I wouldn't put Brown into the category of a consistently good coach. They had the chance to hire Steve Spurrier when he came back into college coaching, and didn't make it happen. Instead they've hired Bunting, Torbush, Davis, Chizik, and this dweeb.....all losers. Maybe they'll go for Randy Edsel , Al Golden or some other goofball and keep it rolling. Their AD's over the past 20+ years have been pretty bad.
Yet, the majority of NC parents and NC high school coaches never stop picking them over Wake, State and Duke. Strange really.

My main thought about pathetic UNC football: Great. Now Duke gets yet another easy road to a winning record.

My main thought is hope they keep nose diving. Giving them a new coach next year when Wake gets to face them in September.

My main thought is hope they keep nose diving. Giving them a new coach next year when Wake gets to face them in September.

Wouldn’t you rather face this coach?

Wouldn’t you rather face this coach?

The current version of Fedora, absolutely would rather face. But would rather face a new coach in September rather than Fedora, because if Wake is facing him, UNC had to probably have won 5 of their last 6 this year (schedule is front loaded, he will have to go on a run to save his job).

Larry Fedora is a mastermind.UNC really needs to stand behind him and recognize his long term potential.

Not sure I would call Davis a loser, cheater maybe but not loser.

Grobe & Wake Forest = Fedora & UNC Both signed a big contract extension and quit working. Buy out at the end of this year for Fedora is $ 14.5 million. They either buy him out, or play in front of 30,000 empty seats.

Back