• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Patriots cut DT Haynesworth

It's so refreshing to see the patriots whiff hard in the draft and free agency the last couple years.

I'd say last few years. And they always have a lot of draft picks from trading down and trading guys like Seymour. Belichick the GM hasn't done Belichick the coach many favors recently outside of the 2 TEs. Same thing happened with Shanahan at Denver and Holmgren at Seattle.

Yeah OK. Pats gave up a fifth round draft pick and paid him $1.4 million this season. The 'Skins gave him a seven-year, $100M contract with a then-record $41M guaranteed

We at least got a pick for him AFTER he proved to be a total debacle. Whoever is the last one to figure out that he is complete deadweght is the stupidest. If someone else signs him after this, they will inherit the crown.

As a Skins fan, I really enjoy this.

why? the pats took very little risk in this move, it didnt work. People condemning this move know very little about football. Did it work out? Not at all. Did it hurt the Pats much if at all? Not really. Skins fans getting pleasure out of this make no sense at all.

why? the pats took very little risk in this move, it didnt work. People condemning this move know very little about football. Did it work out? Not at all. Did it hurt the Pats much if at all? Not really. Skins fans getting pleasure out of this make no sense at all.

Defensive much? I think it's been stated before, they get enjoyment that this guy got cut after fleecing the Redskin's organization.

They should get enjoyment that Haynesworth is done, not that the Pats made a signing that didnt pan out.

Giving up a 5th round pick is no small potatoes for a guy that was NEVER going to play a down for the Redskins again. Very similar to what the Skins got from the Minnesota for Mcnabb. 5th round picks in the NFL are fairly valuable.

As a team that consistently gave away draft picks for overhyped, worthless "stars," 5th round picks are very important.

We at least got a pick for him AFTER he proved to be a total debacle. Whoever is the last one to figure out that he is complete deadweght is the stupidest. If someone else signs him after this, they will inherit the crown.

Tampa Bay FTW

This just proves (once more) how insane the world of professional sports has become. So....after everything that has happened with Fat Albert....and with their eyes wide open....Tampa Bay is going to pay this loser $705,000 for eight weeks "work"?

In his eight weeks with New England, he played in six games.....making three tackles, with no sacks.

I'd certainly be happy making $705,000 to be shitty at my job

Tampa Bay can still cut him if he's shitty, which he will be. And he ought to be well beyond the point of getting any substantial guaranteed money from anyone not named Dan Snyder. If he's productive, then he's "worth" the $700K; if not, then he's gone. Very little risk for the Bucs here, unless they have a diamond in the rough on the practice squad who just lost his roster spot.

Tampa Bay can still cut him if he's shitty, which he will be. And he ought to be well beyond the point of getting any substantial guaranteed money from anyone not named Dan Snyder. If he's productive, then he's "worth" the $700K; if not, then he's gone. Very little risk for the Bucs here, unless they have a diamond in the rough on the practice squad who just lost his roster spot.

Well, the day before they claimed Haynesworth, the Bucs signed John McCargo (the NC State 1st round bust). They then cut him the next day to make room for Haynesworth.

Back