• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PC proliferation on college campuses (formerly UNC students...)

yeah , i was off on the funding for the original monument but it's on public grounds so i'm sure it's not privately maintained

batman is a criminal and a hero - fuck religious monuments on state grounds

I don't really understand why McEnroe got so much backlash from that. The reporter led him to say exactly that. If you're going to be angry for no reason, be angry at the reporter who was trying to goad him into a "controversial" statement.

it's a situation where the reporter can't lose. McEnroe doesn't get involved, tells the truth or says "you can't be serious," and then tells the truth. All are wins for her and a loss for sports journalism.

By hero, do you mean criminal?

And by stupid waste of tax dollars, do you mean privately funded monument?

However, I do agree with your belief that displaying the Ten Commandments on public property is stupid and wrong.

It is an illegal waste of taxpayer dollars. This is settled law. A federal court ruled (and the Supreme Court refused to overturn the decision) this to be unconstitutional. There is no wiggle room here unless the newly extremist Supreme Court rules otherwise.

It is an illegal waste of taxpayer dollars. This is settled law. A federal court ruled (and the Supreme Court refused to overturn the decision) this to be unconstitutional. There is no wiggle room here unless the newly extremist Supreme Court rules otherwise.

There is the Constitution, and then there is what the federal judiciary says is in the Constitution. (Justice Hughes)

Did the First Amendment forbid a display of the Commandments on public grounds the day the amendment was adopted? Yes or no.

East Central University, is after all, a public university. Something, something, something separation of church and state.

Did you even read the article you posted? Drop in enrollment was primarily among black students exactly because they don't feel safe on campus. Remember the poop swastikas, racial epithets, administration ignoring legitimate racial problems on campus?

So to rephrase your post: " the *lack* of "safe spaces" at Missouri is resulting in empty places.

The point of all the conservative outrage is for them to feel less safe.

Precisely those people whose interest the protests for "safe spaces" were supposed to serve are the ones abandoning the campus. Surely, there is no community in America that is less well served by its leadership than the Black community.

Right now the biggest losers are the tax payers of Missouri and Blacks. What a great movement, everybody loses!

Except white people who want to go to more segregated universities. Which again, is the point of denying black students safety on campus.

The ones who don't want black people to feel safe on campus. It's not hard, sailor.

As a white guy I don't think black leadership serves their own community well because their goals don't align with mine.

Sailor logic

His white leader is Donald Trump.

still don't know what material he supposedly teaches

Back