• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PC proliferation on college campuses (formerly UNC students...)

I think we can rule out education.

Did you even read the article you posted? Drop in enrollment was primarily among black students exactly because they don't feel safe on campus. Remember the poop swastikas, racial epithets, administration ignoring legitimate racial problems on campus?

So to rephrase your post: " the *lack* of "safe spaces" at Missouri is resulting in empty places.

Actually, the drop in enrollment was primarily among white students. The loss of 300+ black freshman students certainly hurt and is a problem the university needs to address, but the real financial hit was the loss of white freshmen.

"By sheer numbers, the drop in white students has caused the greatest damage, since they make up a majority of those on campus."

Actually, the drop in enrollment was primarily among white students. The loss of 300+ black freshman students certainly hurt and is a problem the university needs to address, but the real financial hit was the loss of white freshmen.

"By sheer numbers, the drop in white students has caused the greatest damage, since they make up a majority of those on campus."

What's the percentage of the drops in enrollment? 300 out of 3000 is far more significant that 1000 out of 30,000.

I would be very surprised if the reasons were even remotely similar.

You'd be surprised that white kids don't want to attend a university where black students are terrorized and intimidated ? Why would that surprise you ? Would you be eager to attend such a school ?

Speaking of intimidation, things are going well for the leftists at this Minnesota high school, where to be a Trump supporter earns you the right to be bullied and intimidated nonstop. All with the approval of the administration.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...n-in-the-schools-its-worse-than-you-think.php

In talking with [my daughters], it came out that yesterday in my 10th grader’s AP World class, [the teacher] called out any Trump supporters and asked them to assure the class that they weren’t racist. Both my husband and I were aghast and we felt strongly that we should say something to you. … Yesterday’s incident in her class really surprised us as it is so completely inappropriate and unprofessional. If you talk with [the teacher] about this, please don’t mention my daughter. She doesn’t want to be identified for fear of retribution.

One student recorded the "lecture" from his teacher.

In his words, they had to “own up” to the consequences of Mr. Trump’s election. Upon hearing this recording it reminded me of the descriptions a friend of mine makes when recalling his classroom experiences, growing up in communist Hungary in the 1970s. When this recording became public, several parents confronted the principal, and only then was he forced to take action…

oh good sailor's back on this thread.

why won't you tell us what you teach comrade? i suspect you're making that up.

They were wrong not to let that racist speak and violence is wrong.
What's also scary is how easily some college kids support a man who has made his living spewing racist bullshit for the last quarter of a century. Here's what the Southern Poverty Law Center says about Charles Murray:

"Charles Murray, a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, has become one of the most influential social scientists in America, using racist pseudoscience and misleading statistics to argue that social inequality is caused by the genetic inferiority of the black and Latino communities, women and the poor. "

They were wrong not to let that racist speak and violence is wrong.
What's also scary is how easily some college kids support a man who has made his living spewing racist bullshit for the last quarter of a century. Here's what the Southern Poverty Law Center says about Charles Murray:

"Charles Murray, a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, has become one of the most influential social scientists in America, using racist pseudoscience and misleading statistics to argue that social inequality is caused by the genetic inferiority of the black and Latino communities, women and the poor. "

Rachel Maddow blow up doll?

http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/17/12-ways-southern-poverty-law-center-scam-profit-hate-mongering/

Yes, really! What they say incites violence. They want fight to start at their events. It makes them more money.

Dear moderators, I believe that RJ should be banned based on something that he may post in the future. The fear that he may post something banworthy is surely sufficient cause for his permanent banning.

well, now they can move to Berkeley and become much needed outside agitators

http://nypost.com/2017/07/19/finally-a-college-cracks-down-on-the-lefts-snowflake-fascists/amp/

"Some say colleges need to expel kids who, in Claremont’s words, breach “institutional values of freedom of expression.” "

isn't a peaceful protest an example of freedom of expression? just like Texas v. Johnson, protected speech under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. they have just as much right to protest and anyone has to speak.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...me-to-stop-giving-to-your-alma-mater.amp.html

Wherever you find yourself on the continuum of funding university-sponsored indoctrination, please understand that you’re very likely financing institutions that oppose your values.

The sad truth is that through tuition – and in the case of public universities, through our tax dollars – we’re paying for censorship and the brainwashing of young minds. Over the last 50 years universities have become increasingly bloated, expensive and out of touch with the real world. These schools don’t deserve another dime from conservatives, moderates and anyone who believes in free expression and open inquiry.

Last edited:
Back