• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PC proliferation on college campuses (formerly UNC students...)

I would love to hear a single example of where a noose could be funny. The purposes of a noose are for execution and suicide, and in the United States it is effectively known as an instrument that was used to kill African Americans.

Can't think of one, but if anybody could pull it off it would have been Richard Pryor.

I remember a stuffed ram being hanged at a UNC/Wake tailgate that was not offensive to anyone except heel fans as far as I know. Included a sign that said, "Beat Carolina" and many people took the time to punch the hanging ram.

Was not my tailgate.

Aaron Hernandez jersey and noose around neck Halloween costume, I find it amusing and it’s fine because he was a murder.

Hernandez jersey with a Jason mask is comedy gold.

I remember a stuffed ram being hanged at a UNC/Wake tailgate that was not offensive to anyone except heel fans as far as I know. Included a sign that said, "Beat Carolina" and many people took the time to punch the hanging ram.

Was not my tailgate.

this is an example of a funny noose

Not every noose is coded, as you say, as a method for killing black people. I mean every kid in America plays a spelling game called hangman growing up. A noose hanging from a tree, on the other hand, is absolutely a reference to a shameful and disgusting American history of lynch mobs and racially-motivated murders.

In other words, a noose can clearly be funny. There are entire genres -- black comedy, tragicomedy, etc. -- that rely on conventions way more fucked up than nooses. But a noose hanging from a tree should never be funny.

Maybe we could use a little more PC (or sympathy, empathy, sensitivity, etc)?

For Many Native Americans, Fall Is The Least Wonderful Time Of The Year

Good article. This is at the core of the anti-PC movement sailor supports.

"Each year, I would think to myself, "Indians must be the most resilient people on Earth." On that awful federal holiday, in the middle of such a miserable season, we found a way to be joyful. My junior year, we woke up the day after our celebration to find flyers scattered across campus advertising shirts, phone cases, thongs, flasks — all emblazoned with our school's long-defunct Indian-head mascot.

They flyers read: "Hate Political correctness? Love Dartmouth? Don't want the old traditions to fail? Celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day all year round with vintage Dartmouth Indian gear!""

It's all about making it harder for non-white people to gain respect for themselves, their heritage, and their struggle. What kind of miserable asshole keeps coming back to this thread to celebrate such hate?

Tomorrow, we are going to visit a Miccosukee village. We told our kids about it and my 5 year old said, "We're going to see real Americans?"

My wife and I chuckled and responded, "Yes we are."

Good article. This is at the core of the anti-PC movement sailor supports.

"Each year, I would think to myself, "Indians must be the most resilient people on Earth." On that awful federal holiday, in the middle of such a miserable season, we found a way to be joyful. My junior year, we woke up the day after our celebration to find flyers scattered across campus advertising shirts, phone cases, thongs, flasks — all emblazoned with our school's long-defunct Indian-head mascot.

They flyers read: "Hate Political correctness? Love Dartmouth? Don't want the old traditions to fail? Celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day all year round with vintage Dartmouth Indian gear!""

It's all about making it harder for non-white people to gain respect for themselves, their heritage, and their struggle. What kind of miserable asshole keeps coming back to this thread to celebrate such hate?

Tomorrow, we are going to visit a Miccosukee village. We told our kids about it and my 5 year old said, "We're going to see real Americans?"

My wife and I chuckled and responded, "Yes we are."

Another nonsensical hateful post by Ph.

glad you agree that it is nonsensical, read it again for the hateful, and while you are at it notice the dishonesty as well

The discomfort some feel at certain American holidays is at the core of the anti-PC movement?

A thoroughly dishonest statement.

glad you agree that it is nonsensical, read it again for the hateful, and while you are at it notice the dishonesty as well

The discomfort some feel at certain American holidays is at the core of the anti-PC movement?

A thoroughly dishonest statement.

Agree to disagree.

Back