• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Penn State Penalties: $60mm, 4 year bowl ban, scholarship reduction, vacated wins

I've seen them advertising their online program all over CFB games this year. Even on games that don't feature PSU

In the dead tree edition (only) of the WaPost article on the lifting of sanctions, Josh Gattis gets a quote by name. Not in the on-line version I found.

His coaching career seems to be developing nicely. Maybe he will be the HC at his alma mater someday.

Seems like the NCAA should amend some rules to protect kids, as every program I know of does plenty of outreach with kids.

Yeah they should but you can't blame them for not having these rules in the first place. I don't think anybody would have the foresight to predict a school would be so morally corrupt that they'd protect a serial child rapist to save a sports program.

I've seen them advertising their online program all over CFB games this year. Even on games that don't feature PSU

I have a friend taking it actually.

And coming from the NE, I confirm the sheer amount of PSU fans growing up who had no affiliation.

You realize the NCAA is an athletic association, right?

I can't believe Herschel and the Dawgs lost the national championship to a pedophile assistant coach and a head coach who knew about it.

Penn State President, VP, and AD all get jail time. Well deserved.

Yep. At least get rid of football at that school. Preferably, all sports. Penn State proved they can't handle sports.

Setting aside NCAA jurisdictional issues, if ever a place deserved the death penalty, it is PSU.

Yep. At least get rid of football at that school. Preferably, all sports. Penn State proved they can't handle sports.

As heinous as the offenses were I think that's "a bit" extreme. The culpable parties have been and are getting punished and I think and hope the point has been driven home. I have a niece who just graduated from PSU and a nephew still there and they don't really understand why everything should be wiped out on account of the acts of some particular bad and callous people. There are a lot of innocent people at PSU who don't deserve this vitriol, even though the institution deserved everything they got.

It's because of all the dumb as shit fans that protested calling it a witch hunt and saying how it was a smear campaign against JoePa. That kind of reaction is precisely why they did a cover-up to begin with: to preserve the JoePa doing things the right way mythos. The way the fans poorly reacted shows they can't handle the truth and we're too far misguided.

It's because of all the dumb as shit fans that protested calling it a witch hunt and saying how it was a smear campaign against JoePa. That kind of reaction is precisely why they did a cover-up to begin with: to preserve the JoePa doing things the right way mythos. The way the fans poorly reacted shows they can't handle the truth and we're too far misguided.

Well said. The fan base put football above the wellbeing of children.

Correct. The actions were horrible and despicable, but they were allowed because of a disfunctional fan base that thought sports were more important than morality.

Back