• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

People Who Go To Church

Fucking goddamned atheists and Christians who don't go to church. Ruining the whole world for us fine, upstanding, no-crime committing, church-going folk.

Yes. And how often are you in church. Because everytime I'm in church - which is just about every Sunday - the place is overrun by families with screaming toddlers. Or perhaps you live in God's waiting room - aka - Naples, FL or a depressed rust belt city.

Now that there are tons of studies on. The country as a whole is becoming less religious. The younger the generation the more likely they see the light and don't blindly follow their parents like sheep.

Yes. And how often are you in church. Because everytime I'm in church - which is just about every Sunday - the place is overrun by families with screaming toddlers. Or perhaps you live in God's waiting room - aka - Naples, FL or a depressed rust belt city.

no there were a fair number of families; i suppose it depends on the church or whatever. my parents go to a Presbyterian church and it's almost all elderly at this point. in maine i went to a Unitarian church for a little while, crowd was more mixed

Last edited:
did they correlated age of churchgoer? b/c every time i'm in a church it's populated with AARP members; not sure they're prone to committing crime

You need to find different churches. I'm one of the oldest people in my church and it's packed full of 18-25 year old women.

Apparently commit less crime. Who'd a thunk it.

In this thread we will now hear from some in the peanut gallery about why this research is bogus. We'll start with someone making note of the fact the DailyMail published it, so it must be false and go on from there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-shoplift-drugs-download-music-illegally.html

Straw-man3.jpg

That was pretty funny.

You need to find different churches. I'm one of the oldest people in my church and it's packed full of 18-25 year old women.

Haven't found a good church up here in Baltimore yet, but my last church in Wilmington was just like this. Think the youth (18-28) made up a large majority of the attendance each week.

Based on my experience (not as a church-goer, but as a priest), I'd say the conclusion posited by the study is flat out wrong.

Back