• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

People you know named "Jody"

RicoSuave

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do people named "Jody" have more interesting lives on average than people with other names, with the possible exception of girls/women whos first names end in "i" (Tiffani, Brittani, etc.)?

In this thread, we describe the fascinating lives of Jodys that we know.

Jody #1: Turned to drugs and alcohol in HS. Found Jesus, and attended a small Bible College. Married an older woman who was very cute and personable, but who "babied" him because his mother had passed away when he was young. Became Youth Pastor of a large Baptist church. Was known for his strong personality and occasionally bad temper, and was very dogmatic about social and political issues. Lost his job. Starting screwing various skanks around town. His wife divorced him. Still, everybody seems to love him.

Jody #2: A normal kid in HS. Everybody loved him because he was cool to hang out with, despite being very tall, skinny, and unattractive. He became a roofer and does OK. On FB, it appears that his exwife was a psychopathic stalker, and he got custody of his teenage daughter.

Jody #3: The goofy nerdy kid in the HS band (several kids were nerdy, but he was the goofiest by far). Was a country music DJ in college and a few years afterward. Later became a funeral home director.

Jody #4: A girl in my grad school class who seemed boring to the point of being asexual. On 1 occasion, she let me copy her notes from a class that I had missed. When I offered to repay the favor, she smiled and said "you can buy me a drink later". I thought it was strange that the girls sitting with her in the library smiled at each other when she said that. After studying for another hour or 2, I felt a great debt of gratitude to her, so I asked her if she prefered Coke or Diet Coke, and she just gave me a confused look. I then went to the vending machine and bought her a Coke, and all the girls at her table starting laughing when I gave it to her. Apparently she had wanted me to take her to a local bar after studying that night, and I totally missed it because she was not that type. We still keep in touch on FB. She never married, but she hasn't missed a Braves home game in something like 4 years.

Jody #5: Everybody in HS suspected he was gay but he never came out of the closet. Worked for a local florist all through school, and purchased it from the owner after he graduated college. Became mayor of my small town, and is somewhat famous for turning our crappy Elementary School auditorium into a major concert venue. Robert Earl Keen performed there, and the Embers' annual concerts sell out every year.

Last edited:
how in the world does something like this pop in your head and then you think "let's see what the ogboards.com community thinks?!?!"

jody-davis.jpg

Important: does this include people named Jodi and Jodie, or are we limited to Jody?

Important: does this include people named Jodi and Jodie, or are we limited to Jody?

"Jodie"s are boring as hell. I guess Jodi is OK, but still not as interesting as Jody.

But think about it: Jodys have pretty interesting lives compared to Kevins and Michaels.

the only Jody I know works in our office and seems fairly boring. thread fail.

i don't think i know anyone named Jody and a quick search of my work brings up 0 out of 2500+ employees :noidea:

The fact that you know 5 people named "Jody" (specifically not including Jodi or Jodie) is pretty impressive. You must know a lot of people, or that part of Georgia really likes the name Jody. Strangely, Jody Davis was himself from Gainesville, Georgia. What gives? Was there some famous UGA football player named Jody?

Do most people know that many people named Jody? I only know one - Jodi. She has had a pretty interesting life, though. #science

The only Jody I know is a woman who is friends with a co-worker. Flirtatious friends. Her and her husband would hang out with my buddy at his parents' lakehouse. One night, my buddy soaked her husband with tons of booze. When he passed out, Jody and my bud went out to the dock and defiled one another for hours. The man was passed out on a couch right in front of the porch window and they're out there doing shit that Ron Jeremy would've blushed at.

The funniest part is the next day they all went out on jetskis. While her husband is riding around, they're in the water near a floating dock in the middle of the lake- my buddy is waving at her husband while he's got half his arm jammed up inside her. Yeah, "Jodys" have interesting lives.

I am not friends with anyone named Jody. I have sent emails to two salespeople in my company named a Jody and a Jodie, but I don't know them.

I know a Jodi who is a pretty hot chick. And there's the Jody on Shameless who is referred to as Chode-y, so that's fun. Okay bye.

Back