• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pep Rally On the Quad: Friday 5pm--open to all

South Deac

Reaction score
The Wake Forest Traditions Council has partnered with the Sports Marketing team to put together a pep rally on Friday afternoon for the Wake v. Notre Dame game.

Details:
4:45 pm Band will begin to play
4:50 Dance team will start
5 Then our series of speakers will start: Coach Grobe, President Hatch, Joe Looney, ALPHONSO SMITH, and Ron Wellman
5:30 should end.

What a great lineup! The whole team will be there with the cheerleaders and band. It will be on the Quad outside of Reynolda Hall, so please come and support the team!

Go Deacs!

The Wake Forest Traditions Council has partnered with the Sports Marketing team to put together a pep rally on Friday afternoon for the Wake v. Notre Dame game.

Details:
4:45 pm Band will begin to play
4:50 Dance team will start
5 Then our series of speakers will start: Coach Grobe, President Hatch, Joe Looney, GOD, and Ron Wellman
5:30 should end.

What a great lineup! The whole team will be there with the cheerleaders and band. It will be on the Quad outside of Reynolda Hall, so please come and support the team!

Go Deacs!

FIFY

Nice, concise Pep Rally with the correct speakers, should be a fun one.

I certainly won't be out of work in time to attend this. What a shame. Perhaps someone can record the speeches?

Kind of funny that the 'Traditions Committee' is heading this. It should be a tradition, but it hasn't been.

Agreed. The Traditions Council was started by students in 2006 to strengthen school spirit by emphasizing old traditions and creating new ones. Each spring, we head up a trip to the old campus in Wake Forest, NC. We had a bus full of students make the trip to explore the old campus, see the new Wake Birthplace Museum, and meet alumni who went to school at the old campus.

We are hoping to make this pep rally a tradition at the biggest home game of the fall. Please come out and support the team!

Last time I checked the Friday forecast was for light rain showers.:(

Saturday does look cool but clear thru the night:woot:

This sounds awesome and a great idea. Wish I was going to be in town for it!

Good luck, Trad-Co folks

Pep rallys were lame as hell in high school. I couldn't imagine ever wanting to go to one as an adult.

We have pep rallys at ND before every home game. Dad's bring their sons, just like their dad's brought them. It's a beautiful thing.

Back