• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pep Rally On the Quad: Friday 5pm--open to all

Good idea by Wake to get students there.

I tend to disagree. Like TBR said, is the main incentive to accumulation of minutes at this point basketball admission? I don't see that really bringing out that masses. Is there any other incentive?

P.S. Missed you at Coach's Show.

I tend to disagree. Like TBR said, is the main incentive to accumulation of minutes at this point basketball admission? I don't see that really bringing out that masses. Is there any other incentive?

I called you to try to tell you that I had to pick up a shift at 7 but you didn't pick up.

I'm still trying to decide if I wanna join SD. The only reason I may is to ensure getting into the Duke game, but I mean.....it won't be fully anyway. I can walk in and get a ticket to any game. I don't care about accruing minutes. The Maryland game is senior 5th so none of the seniors will be there, then Vandy is over Thanksgiving so I'll be one of like 50 students.

Not too shabby. I would say 150 people there.

Hatch said "Kevin Pendergrass" and "Demon Deevons."

Grobe sounded like he was high on concaine. "HOW AWESOME THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

From what I understand which I'll double check on is that football and basketball are separate this year. Minutes for football are only used to get you into the bottom row of seats for football and that basketball minutes are a separate separate entity and the only way to get minutes for basketball is at basketball games. This may have changed since the beginning of the year but thats what I remember sports marketing telling us. We'll have a bball meeting soon so I'll post that info when I double check.

Pep rallys were lame as hell in high school. I couldn't imagine ever wanting to go to one as an adult.

There was nothing lame about getting out of class early. I'm a teacher now and I still feel this way....

...but yeah otherwise, they were lame.

Not too shabby. I would say 150 people there.

Hatch said "Kevin Pendergrass" and "Demon Deevons."

Grobe sounded like he was high on concaine. "HOW AWESOME THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Also said "When I think of Notre Dame football, I think of..." and then proceeded to list off great Wake moments. From what I understand, he routinely calls Wake Notre Dame in meetings.

Also said "When I think of Notre Dame football, I think of..." and then proceeded to list off great Wake moments. From what I understand, he routinely calls Wake Notre Dame in meetings.

Sounds like he's about ready for "the home".

That was incredibly lame. You should have seen the look on Alphonso's face, too. Hatch needed to read from his script to talk for two minutes, and still screwed it up.

If he misses ND so much, "Delta is ready when you are!"

Unfortunately it wasn't that surprising but still very disappointing. I could see some of the football players looking at each other like "Did he just say that?" I wonder if Hatch will remember to cheer for us during the game.

Unfortunately it wasn't that surprising but still very disappointing. I could see some of the football players looking at each other like "Did he just say that?" I wonder if Hatch will remember to cheer for us during the game.

This raises a larger point. Who are the WFU alums qualified to be president of our school? I'm sure there are several. Anyone have the "short list"?

No idea core. I know that we have several who are presidents or vps at smaller universities but I don't remember who or where. It's a shame that Ed Wilson was never able to get it... though I have a feeling that we would have remained a regional university.

This raises a larger point. Who are the WFU alums qualified to be president of our school? I'm sure there are several. Anyone have the "short list"?

I doubt anyone honestly. The reason being that we don't have a lot of investment in graduate programs. Wake is also a really elite school academically, so the list of candidates in general is pretty small.

Hatch needs to go. From a students perspective I hate him. He seems to want to make Wake the southern version of ND. He also is out of touch with the student body and the lack o communication between the administration and the student body is atrocious.

Hatch needs to go. From a students perspective I hate him. He seems to want to make Wake the southern version of ND. He also is out of touch with the student body and the lack o communication between the administration and the student body is atrocious.

The problem is, that has been said about every president we've had. I'd imagine that is the case at the majority of other schools too.

The problem is, that has been said about every president we've had. I'd imagine that is the case at the majority of other schools too.

I was a student with both Hatch and Hearn, and in my opinion Hatch > Hearn. Both were the right guys for their time. Hearn was like a ruthless conquerer who was able to do the dirty work to make us a national university, and Hatch is a serious academic who can hopefully take us to the next level of academic reputation.

Oh, and Hearn was much more out of touch with the students.

No idea core. I know that we have several who are presidents or vps at smaller universities but I don't remember who or where. It's a shame that Ed Wilson was never able to get it... though I have a feeling that we would have remained a regional university.

which would have been great.

Back