• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Percentage of People Who Voted for Trump That Still Admit They Voted for Trump?

Percentage of People Who Voted for Trump That Still Admit They Voted for Trump?

• 100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75%

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • 50%

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • 25%

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Approval among Republicans is unchanged at 79% post-Charlottesville per Gallup. Approval among Independents and Democrats went up slightly.

Is this of Republicans who voted for Trump, or is Donald Trump's approval rating amongst Republicans 79%?

If it's the latter then holy shit.

how are so many republicans still think he is doing a good job? that makes no sense, he literally has done nothing. in fact he is making everything worse.

Stock market. Economy. Nork blinked.

If economy stays strong and no new war, Trump will likely be re-elected. Doesn't help that the opposition party seems to be run by anger crazed loons.
May actually appear safer to re-elect trump.

If Dems can find a charismatic semi-centrist opponent, Trump will be defeated. If it is Sanders or Warren or the like, we will have 8 years.

A more charismatic Joe Manchin would run away with it. I don't see that in the offing.

Stock market. Economy. Nork blinked.

If economy stays strong and no new war, Trump will likely be re-elected. Doesn't help that the opposition party seems to be run by anger crazed loons.
May actually appear safer to re-elect trump.

If Dems can find a charismatic semi-centrist opponent, Trump will be defeated. If it is Sanders or Warren or the like, we will have 8 years.

A more charismatic Joe Manchin would run away with it. I don't see that in the offing.

thanks obama!

i mean, why does Trump get credit for the stock market? it has been a bull market for 7 years.

80% of Republicans polled approve of the job that Donald Trump is doing?

My god, we are in way worse shape than I thought.

Stock market. Economy. Both were strong under Obama yet Republicans hated him.

80% of Republicans polled approve of the job that Donald Trump is doing?

My god, we are in way worse shape than I thought.

It's just because Trump hasn't screwed up the Obama economy they complained about. NBD.

after a bull market for 7+ years, once it changes direction he will blame it on Obama.

belief perseverance and actions create your attitudes are the two main psychological components at play that explain why a trump voter may well double down rather than admit error (even to themselves. a fun fact is the person you most often lie to is yourself). People have to do this to protect their self esteem/image and avoid dissonance. If they're an admitted trump voter, they're also motivated to save face, and the world we live in today gives them plenty of leeway to cherry pick their information; dramatically compounding confirmation bias.

you have to know about these biases then you train your mind like a buddhist monk over years and years to think in opposite ways, and it's a lot easier to ingrain the younger you are when you start.

belief perseverance and actions create your attitudes are the two main psychological components at play that explain why a trump voter may well double down rather than admit error (even to themselves. a fun fact is the person you most often lie to is yourself). People have to do this to protect their self esteem/image and avoid dissonance. If they're an admitted trump voter, they're also motivated to save face, and the world we live in today gives them plenty of leeway to cherry pick their information; dramatically compounding confirmation bias.

you have to know about these biases then you train your mind like a buddhist monk over years and years to think in opposite ways, and it's a lot easier to ingrain the younger you are when you start.

TITCR

Back