• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Percocet

Henry Chinaski

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
...is awesome. I can see how people "accidentally" end up with a problem, particularly if you have some kind of chronic pain condition. Anyone here innocently(-ish) become a little too reliant on pain killers (aka "pulling a Favre")?

Had surgery recently. Let's just say I was high for a month straight of my life... Its a slippery slope. Percocet is an absolute bitch to come off of too. User beware.

at least in terms of drug class, percocet is better. Lortab is for the snorting losers of the world. The real folks that want to get high go after dilaudid (no tylenol in it so you can take an arm load if you so desire). Second best is probably percocet.

Yea, I have about the least addictive personality you can have. I had a two ACL surgeries within 8 months of each other. After the 2nd one, I got real used to popping hydrocodones at night and it was the first time I would really crave a drug like that. Prescription ran out, and that was that. But yea, if somebody has an extra and offers me one....I would jump on it.

Yea, I have about the least addictive personality you can have. I had a two ACL surgeries within 8 months of each other. After the 2nd one, I got real used to popping hydrocodones at night and it was the first time I would really crave a drug like that. Prescription ran out, and that was that. But yea, if somebody has an extra and offers me one....I would jump on it.

In other words....Henry....Hook me up brah! ha

Mrs C just had her knee scoped and they gave her 40 (!!) percocets. I tell you what that stuff "just makes everything ok" when you take it...

vicodin is better

I disagree. Percocet is stronger as it is Oxycodone and Vicodin is Hydrocodone. Have had to take both before when dealing with kidney stones and the vicodin does nothing.

Vicodin is child's play. After taking percocet for a month straight hydrocodone (Vicodin) doesnt even affect you.

Hydroxy<<<<Oxy<<<<dilaudin

fentanyl was probably the strongest thing i've ever taken, other than oxycontin. but painkillers (even vicodin) make me sick to my stomach so i've never taken them recreationally or habitually.

Yep. Had surgery last Monday - weaned myself off of the percoset to OTC ibuprofen/Tylenol pm as fast as I could - but my perspective is skewed since my wife works on a behavioral health unit and mostly works with substance abuse cases.

I'm old, and everything hurts...right knee, left ankle, both elbows, left hip. Still try to play golf competitively, and still swing at it too violently. One oxycontin and two Aleve before every round allows me to play without pain, and I feel a very slight euphoria. 100 oxycontin lasts about 10-12 months (for the last 5-6 years). Am I addicted?

Yep. Had surgery last Monday - weaned myself off of the percoset to OTC ibuprofen/Tylenol pm as fast as I could - but my perspective is skewed since my wife works on a behavioral health unit and mostly works with substance abuse cases.

Similar story here. Had shoulder surgery last Wed (ac joint, thankfully not rotator cuff) and I was off the percoset by the weekend and just taking advil. In a former job I saw lots of messed up lives due to substance abuse- including pain meds.

I disagree. Percocet is stronger as it is Oxycodone and Vicodin is Hydrocodone. Have had to take both before when dealing with kidney stones and the vicodin does nothing.

i should clarify

vidodin is more of a functioning feel good high vs percs which will just knock you on your ass. at least that is my experience

I was given Percocet after surgery a number of years ago. One dose gave me hallucinations. Freaked me out so bad that I chose to switch to Tylenol 3 for any pain issues during recovery. Since then, I've found Vicodin works just fine for me when needed for pain.

Back