• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Percocet

I'm old, and everything hurts...right knee, left ankle, both elbows, left hip. Still try to play golf competitively, and still swing at it too violently. One oxycontin and two Aleve before every round allows me to play without pain, and I feel a very slight euphoria. 100 oxycontin lasts about 10-12 months (for the last 5-6 years). Am I addicted?

I've started taking one Valium before a round of golf. I still suck, I just don't give a damn anymore.

Love all the pain killers and when I have them I can manage them pretty well. I've had numerous knee surgeries and always end up with something with at least 1 refill. I save those things like choice bud until I really need a good nights sleep or need to take the edge off life. I can see why people get addicted. So I agree.....love percocet.

I'm old, and everything hurts...right knee, left ankle, both elbows, left hip. Still try to play golf competitively, and still swing at it too violently. One oxycontin and two Aleve before every round allows me to play without pain, and I feel a very slight euphoria. 100 oxycontin lasts about 10-12 months (for the last 5-6 years). Am I addicted?

You play 100 rounds every 10-12 months? Totes jelly.

Percocet is way better than Vicoden. Vicoden doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't dull pain and it doesn't get me loopy or high. I've even taken a double dose with scotch and still nothing.

Now if you can get your hands on some demerol, that is some good stuff.

I once took a Vicodin and an OxyContin together after a few beers (first and last time trying either). I didn't feel the least bit high, but they gave me the worst case of hiccups I will ever have. I mean they were violent, wrenching spasms, and lasted for hours. Never again, ugh.

Had Percocet when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Took the very first one and it was about ten minutes and I consciously remember trying to dig my fingers into the mattress so as to stabilize myself because I was certain it was spinning. That was some scary stuff. I ditched the back half of that bottle.

Had Percocet when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Took the very first one and it was about ten minutes and I consciously remember trying to dig my fingers into the mattress so as to stabilize myself because I was certain it was spinning. That was some scary stuff. I ditched the back half of that bottle.

Gingers

Percocet is way better than Vicoden. Vicoden doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't dull pain and it doesn't get me loopy or high. I've even taken a double dose with scotch and still nothing.

Now if you can get your hands on some demerol, that is some good stuff.

They gave me Demerol and morphine when I broke my back a few years ago. It was a great weekend in the hospital. Didn't even care that I had broken my back. Sent me home with some Percocet which was also awesome. They tried to give me vicodin after the Percocet but it didn't work on me. (I've heard that vicodin doesn't work on 30% of the population??)

The constipation that came with a few days of oxy + percoset to recover from knee surgery was indescribable.

In addition, when I came off of the medicine it was an experience straight out of trainspotting.

Back