• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perspective

I guess you missed the part where the Big 10 just smoked the ACC.

Seriously. The ACC just isn't good this year. If the team can play like they did last night (0 turnovers in the second half; lots of scoring coming from Carson and Chase), there's an argument to be made that we have a shot at a mid-table year in the ACC. Virginia, BC, Georgia Tech, and Miami certainly aren't better teams than Nebraska right now.

Seriously. The ACC just isn't good this year. If the team can play like they did last night (0 turnovers in the second half; lots of scoring coming from Carson and Chase), there's an argument to be made that we have a shot at a mid-table year in the ACC. Virginia, BC, Georgia Tech, and Miami certainly aren't better teams than Nebraska right now.

lolz.

Due to time constraints, I was not aware of Nebraska's record entering our game. They have had 2 very good wins, especially the one at USC.

They have good players both inside and outside. It was a very good win for our young and thin team. Ought to be a confidence builder for Carson and Chase especially.

However it means simply that we took care of business in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge.

Nebraska's Kenpom rating puts them about equal to State. it's a good win.

In this ACC, we have 5-7 winnable games on the schedule.

I'm not saying we'll win 5-7, but the capability is there, especially if we play like we did last night.

Agreed. I am not saying Nebraska is great, but they will probably finish 10th in the Big Ten and I think we all know the Big Ten is a lot better than the ACC this year once you get past the top 2 :)().

And remember that this was a 100% home game for them. It doesn't have the feel of a fluke (ie: Iowa) either. Obviously Carson and Chase had good shooting nights (though not outrageously so), but CJ and McKie didn't, and Chennault and Nikita performed below par. It was a good team effort predicated on taking good shots and playing good defense.

Last edited:
I don't understand why it is hard for some of you to be excited about a big win for the program. Nobody is saying we will now beat Carolina or anything, just that this a big step forward for the program. Hard to deny that.

You should try not to let your hate all things Bzz cloud your mind when the program makes strides. Or you can just continue the immature hatefest.

I don't understand why it is hard for some of you to be excited about a big win for the program. Nobody is saying we will now beat Carolina or anything, just that this a big step forward for the program. Hard to deny that.

You should try not to let your hate all things Bzz cloud your mind when the program makes strides. Or you can just continue the immature hatefest.

3 years ago I would have never believed that a win against Nebraska would be "a big step forward for the program." At least not in basketball.

Fairly certain that one of the board dwarves (the one from Texas?) posted that he was no longer worried about Buzz's coaching or the direction the team is taking.

Well, if so, that poster is in need of perspective.

Trust me, I was careful not to say that I think it will happen. It just seems that we've tipped the scales towards "plausible" at this point.

Define mid-table. No way do we finish outside the bottom 4. We just don't have the talent. 10th, maybe even 9th is plausible, although I think we're looking at 11th. BC is horrendous.

Here's some perspective: In 2004-05 we were #1 for a minute with high hopes. In 2005-06 we sucked ass. In 2008-09 we were #1 for a minute with high hopes. In 2010-11 we sucked ass.

Now its 2011-12 and we just won a game on the road. We've never been a program that is constantly reloading. We have ups and downs. The latest down, being very, very down. Let's just see how it goes.

Here's some perspective: In 2004-05 we were #1 for a minute with high hopes. In 2005-06 we sucked ass. In 2008-09 we were #1 for a minute with high hopes. In 2010-11 we sucked ass.

Now its 2011-12 and we just won a game on the road. We've never been a program that is constantly reloading. We have ups and downs. The latest down, being very, very down. Let's just see how it goes.

So, wait. You're saying that this year we're going to be ranked #1 for a minute with high hopes?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

BZZZZ IN

:thumbsup:

Maybe our standard deviation has increased. I'll take lower lows if it means higher highs (assuming the magnitudes correspond).

We beat Nebraska for christsake. I like the kids on the team but we are going to get smoked when ACC play starts.

Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble

BZZ OUT!

So, wait. You're saying that this year we're going to be ranked #1 for a minute with high hopes?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

BZZZZ IN

lol. Just saying if the OP is trying to compare this team to two years ago, why not go back 4 or 5 years and compare it to those teams that were awful. Its not like being #1 in the polls is our historical standard.

lol. Just saying if the OP is trying to compare this team to two years ago, why not go back 4 or 5 years and compare it to those teams that were awful. Its not like being #1 in the polls is our historical standard.

You're talking 06-07? That team would smoke this one, Visser would pwn. And, of course, Skip >>>>>>>>> Bzzz.

Back