• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pew has Romney up by 4!

romney9n-3-web.jpg

Reminds me of the old SNL sketch of the Bush-Dukakis debate with Jon Lovitz as Dukakis, in the Obama role:

Diane Sawyer: You still have a minute-twenty, Mr. Vice-President.

George Bush: Well, more has to be done, sure. But the programs we have in place are doing the job, so let's keep on track and stay the course.

Diane Sawyer: You have fifty seconds left, Mr. Vice-President.

George Bush: Let me sum up. On track, stay the course. Thousand points of light.

Diane Sawyer: Governor Dukakis. Rebuttal?

Michael Dukakis: I can't believe I'm losing to this guy!

that bit is classic. as is this jewel from the hill/thomas hearings:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkzq5k_saturday-night-live-cold-opening-joe-biden_fun

Function of the people polled

Likely voters
Oct
R 392
D 361
I 328

Sep
R 665
D 803
I 661

I don't think anybody feels party id has shifted to that extent in the last month. The vagaries of polling.

Definitely oversampled Pubs in that one. And oversampled Dems in September.

Bottom line: It's a horserace and the independents are trending toward Romney.

When will you guys realize that the "sampling" of Pubs vs Dems is a direct result of who is winning the poll?

If more people are saying they will vote for Romney, then expect the "sampling" of Rs to be higher. Vice versa for Obama.

I'm going to sound like a science hating pub now, but here goes....I don't understand the fascination with the national polls. That is not how we elect presidents in this country. It's like giving a time of possesion stat in football but pretending like it is the actual score. We already know how about 40 or so states are going to go, the only thing worth looking at right now is how polls look in battleground states. Every time I see a national poll, I just groan. Show me a poll from Ohio and Florida and Virginia and North Carolina to see if Romney really has a chance to turn this thing around.

In the 11 swing states, Mitt Romney earns 49% support to Obama’s 47%. One percent (1%) likes another candidate, and three percent (3%) are undecided.

This is the first time Romney has led the daily Swing State Survey since September 19. Until today, the president had led for 17 of the previous 19 days, and the candidates had been tied twice. This survey is based on findings from the previous seven days, with most of the responses now coming since Romney’s debate win last Wednesday night.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...dministration/daily_swing_state_tracking_poll

Mitt Romney's strong performance in the first presidential debate may have put Pennsylvania back in play in the election.

A Siena Research Institute Poll on Tuesday showed the Republican nominee trailing President Obama by only three percentage points, 43 percent to 40 percent, in the Keystone State. Other polls prior to the debate had shown Mr. Obama with as much as a 12-point lead.

I see dirty is reading the DrudgeReport this morning.

Dirty, are the pollsters being unbiased this week? were they catching flack and changing their ways? Why the shift?

Oh, it's because they have good news for your guy.

Dirty, are the pollsters being unbiased this week? were they catching flack and changing their ways? Why the shift?

I still think the polls are biased. I believe Romney had a small lead before the debate, maybe a 2-3 point lead. He's up big now. Obama needs something big to get this race close again. Maybe Joe can make that happen.

The debate was the first time many voters had seen Romney unfiltered in this election. They weren't viewing him through the prism of what his opponents want people to think, and actually had a chance to see Mitt front and center for 90+ minutes. Shockingly he isn't the embodiment of evil that some would have the voters believe.

Back