• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pew has Romney up by 4!

The debate was the first time many voters had seen Romney unfiltered in this election. They weren't viewing him through the prism of what his opponents want people to think, and actually had a chance to see Mitt front and center for 90+ minutes. Shockingly he isn't the embodiment of evil that some would have the voters believe.

Both candidates are full of crap, but Obama let Romney slide with all of his full of crap positions. I don't know what his deal was.

Both candidates are full of crap, but Obama let Romney slide with all of his full of crap positions. I don't know what his deal was.

He'll get even at the Foreign Policy debate. I have a hunch we are going to see a very contentious debate. Romney smells blood in the water and Obama realizes the gloves have to come off now.

Good luck getting you to ever understand what those numbers mean.

Hint: The fact that "independents" are skewing 20 points to Romney would be an indication that alot of traditional Pubs are labeling themselves as "independents" for this survey.

Last edited:
If Obama loses the foreign policy debate than he doesn't deserve to win a second term?
I hope you hear me Axelrod!!!!!!

Here's the ARG sample:

Democrats (42%)

Republicans (33%)

Independents (25%)

The poll also shows Romney is also winning Independents by a full 20 points, 57-37%.

Good luck on getting +9 Democrats in November!

She's trolling, right?

He'll get even at the Foreign Policy debate. I have a hunch we are going to see a very contentious debate. Romney smells blood in the water and Obama realizes the gloves have to come off now.

Yeh especially when Romney brings up a dead ambassador.

If Romney brings up a dead ambassador or a dead Seal, Obama should go nuclear on him. Remember Romney said he wouldn't move heaven and Earth to get OBL. Romney told big money donors he'd just kick the can down the road re: Israel/Palestinians, said the Palestinians had an inferior culture, didn't know we had signed three free trade agreements, etc. etc.

Nate Silver ‏@fivethirtyeight

Awaiting a couple more polls, but possible our model will show its largest one-day swing of the year.

Fox News has weighed in on this news:

uQg4I.jpg

IBD/TIPP 2012 Presidential Election
Daily Tracking Poll

Day 1: Oct. 9, 2012

Romney: +2.0

Romney held a 2 point lead over Obama among likely voters in the first day of our presidential tracking poll as both men and independents solidly supported the GOP candidate. A key swing group making up nearly a third of voters, independents favor Romney over Obama 52%-34%. In 2008, Obama had a 52% to 44% edge among independents. Romney also has a 54% to 38% advantage among men voters, a group Obama won by one percentage point in 2008. Intensity among Romney voters has also strengthened: 70% of Romney voters now support him strongly, vs. 62% in September and 46% in August.
http://news.investors.com/special-report/508415-ibdtipp-poll.aspx

It really is amazing how fast momentum changes in politics.

The debate was the first time many voters had seen Romney unfiltered in this election. They weren't viewing him through the prism of what his opponents want people to think, and actually had a chance to see Mitt front and center for 90+ minutes. Shockingly he isn't the embodiment of evil that some would have the voters believe.

Hahaha. He was well rehearsed and extremely malleable. He was unfiltered with at the fundraiser in Boca Raton.

Back