• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PGA CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST - bobknightfan WINS!

I think Adam Scott is a safer pick than Tiger....a more "known quantity" right now. By that I mean that I think there is a better chance that Tiger would miss the cut than that Scott would miss the cut. (That's why I took Scott at 20 points, rather than Tiger.

Absolutely. I didn't pick Scott, but considered him. He's had a darn good year, hits it as consistently as anyone and is putting the best he's ever putted. This course should suit him too. I wouldn't touch Tiger in this thing. His putting is spotty, he's having distance control issues, and he's having trouble adjusting to his new swing where he says he's fading and drawing it less.

Tiger Woods 20
Sergio Garcia 40
Graeme McDowell 80
Jim Furyk 80
Justin Rose 80
Angel Cabrera 100
--------------------------
TOTAL 400

What a crew. I am surprised everybody else has not forfeited yet.

WEBS. HANDS. PERIOD.

Tiger Woods 20
Sergio Garcia 40
Graeme McDowell 80
Jim Furyk 80
Justin Rose 80
Angel Cabrera 100
--------------------------
TOTAL 400

What a crew. I am surprised everybody else has not forfeited yet.

WEBS. HANDS. PERIOD.

Didn't take any of those. McDowell and Furyk have mostly been quiet this year. Cabrera is 1 of those guys who could win it when his game is on or go +10 in the 1st 2 days. I love to root for him, though - seems like a great guy. But I could never take Sergio. I hate him more than Tiger, Phil, Poulter, Faldo, Langer, Westwood and Monty combined.

Here is my time, so you can't say I cheated:

Mickleson 20
Day 25
Bubba 50
Ishikawa 80
Cink 100
Keegan Bradley 125

PGA

I did see the thread with the cumulative rankings. Kind of like where I'm sitting. If I win it AGAIN this year....I may have to retire from this contest.
By the way .... I have forgotten what 1st place pays ....can you remind me ? :thumbsup:

I did see the thread with the cumulative rankings. Kind of like where I'm sitting. If I win it AGAIN this year....I may have to retire from this contest.
By the way .... I have forgotten what 1st place pays ....can you remind me ? :thumbsup:

HA!

Mine are:

DJ 25
Day 25
Fowler 25
Stricker 25
Streelman 150
Sabbatini 150

So I just officially put the hex on those 6 guys, and they no longer have a shot at winning.

My least favorite team ever:

Rory
Scott
Day
Webb
Davis Love
Sabbatini

Tiger
Bubba Watson
KJ Choi
Graeme McDowell
Ian Poulter
Bill Haas

I think i got this one boys

My team:

Phil Mickelson---20

Dustin Johnson---25

Steve Stricker---25

Webb Simpson---80

Bill Haas---100

Stallings, Scott---150

The odds dropped dramatically on this one. Scott was about 50/60 last time. Day was about 40.

I'll admit I am least confident about my lineup this tournament than I was about any of my others. This field just felt very top heavy, with not much value in the 150s.

Rickie Fowler (25)
Webb Simpson (80)
Bill Haas (100)
Dustin Johnson (25)
Anthony Kim (66)
Jonathan Byrd (150)

446 total

Day
Donald
Watney
Kuchar
Crane
Marino

Sleepy, couldn't PM from phone so hope you will accept this. 1st golfers tee off right now (7:30).

Back