• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Photos of New Scoreboard Construction

Had no idea this project got the go ahead...

Looks great!

And I'm having a little trouble figuring out exactly where the tennis stuff is in relation to the stadium....it looks like it will be right up next to the stadium based on that pic

ETA: And does anyone have a link or pics of the renderings?

The tennis stadium takes up the entire area of the parking lot that used to be between the indoor courts building and BB&T Field.

5.9.111.JPG

The tennis stadium takes up the entire area of the parking lot that used to be between the indoor courts building and BB&T Field.

5.9.111.JPG

Man, I feel like the Native American looking at the new Wal-Mart on his ancestors land.

I'll just point out the 800 pound gorilla in the room here...

Does anyone know why we're building all of this nice stuff when we have NO intention of actually winning games?

5.9.111.JPG

Ugh sickening.

Glad the scoreboard is going well though. I never thought the ACC football refs were THAT bad though, just the basketball ones.

Man, fuck those tennis stadiums. They're seriously taking away one of the things that made the Wake football experience unique for students. Even when we had a crappy team, we had tailgating. Now it's just a crappy team.

I'll just point out the 800 pound gorilla in the room here...

Does anyone know why we're building all of this nice stuff when we have NO intention of actually winning games?

Obviously because we need things to distract people from the fact that we have no intention of winning games... duh...

Man, I feel like the Native American looking at the new Wal-Mart on his ancestors land.

Ugh sickening.

Glad the scoreboard is going well though. I never thought the ACC football refs were THAT bad though, just the basketball ones.

Man, fuck those tennis stadiums. They're seriously taking away one of the things that made the Wake football experience unique for students. Even when we had a crappy team, we had tailgating. Now it's just a crappy team.

Yep.

I have to admit that thus far I'm disappointed with the tennis center. I missed the walk through with the AD during finals since I had studying to do but I went and saw it for myself 2 days ago and as of now it is hard to see where all the space was in the diagram but then again not being able to walk through the center may have something to do with that.

The center itself will be amazing but for the tailgating space just doesn't seem to be there.

The scoreboard is going to get blown over by a storm and fall on all the families.

I am in a pissy mood today and I saw the stories about the jumphouse getting blown away and the rabid beaver biting people. So neg rep me if you want. Fight the Power.

I'm losing it.

So here's the big question for all of you out there. By the end of the season, who will have spent more time in our endzone - our opponents or these construction workers?

so wait - is there a new student tailgate area for next year? totally agree this is yet another small step in the lame-ification of Wake Forest..

we are getting new a new audio system with this video board too so hopefully the sound will be in sync with the video, and if it isn't it will still sound better than before :D

Hopefully the artificial crowd noise pumped in will be of the highest quality. Wow, sucks for students that there's no more student tailgate section. I had no idea about that one.

Back