• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pic of "The Shot"?

Rodney was absolutely unbelievable. What a privilege it was to be at school to witness his play. Lots o happy memories on this thread.

What a privilege it was to ref him & them. Rodney and his 19 & under AAU team played either the spring or summer in Winston at the Gaines Center at WSSU. Standing next to him during free throws was unreal. The man was huge as a young'un. Then to do a ton of scrimmages and practices for GDO during those days and the ESPN Midnight Madness scrimmage Timmy D's senior year was special. Still have basketballs signed by the teams front & center in my office by the 95 ACC title team and the Carl Tacy 1984 Final 8 team with Rudd, Young, Teachey, Green & Muggsy. 83-84 was the first year of doing practices.

If someone can find a video of Childress' six straight threes against UNC in the Joel, please post.

It was the greatest display of basketball I've ever seen within 5-7 minutes of play. Simply unbelievable.

Dean kept calling timeouts and Childress just continued to rain threes. Also, one of the loudest crowds ever in the Joel.

EPIC.

Last edited:
If someone can find a video of Childress' six straight threes against UNC in the Joel, please post.

It was the greatest display of basketball I've ever seen within 5-7 minutes of play. Simply unbelievable.

Dean kept calling timeouts and Childress just continued to rain threes. Also, one of the loudest crowds ever in the Joel.

EPIC.

Yes. I thought the roof was going to come off the place. It was a great game. Rodney's 360, Chill's 6 threes, and I think that Dean even got a t.

ch.jpg

images

Was your reaction anything like this?

EPIC.

If I remember correctly, Chill's 6 3's all came in less than 2 minutes. Agree it was amazing. He was totally in the zone.

There was also a time when I think Rodney Rogers scored 8 or 9 points in 9 seconds when he was playing for Denver. Went like this.....made a shot, stole the inbounds pass and hit a three, a teammate then stole the next inbounds pass, threw the ball to RR who made another 3.

Back