• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pic of "The Shot"?

a few extras.....

muggsy-bogues-230x158.jpg

Funny story,my wife and I had the worst seats in the house for the name against UNC. I mean behind the basket at the top row in the rafters. Nosebleed territory. So, I see a guy coming up the many steps toward us. He asks if we are Wake fans and we plead guilty. He says he's from the Chancellor of the Univ. of Maryland's party and they had some people leaving to go shopping and wanted to know if we wanted to move down and join them. He said UNC fans were moving into any empty seat and they didn't want them taking their seats. So we got to see Childress go off from center court. Very cool. I have had The Shot hanging in my office since then. Thanks Twerps!

Wow, this has turned into a cool thread. Like I'm reliving my early teens. I'm going to try and contact the News and Record this week to see if I can find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny story,my wife and I had the worst seats in the house for the name against UNC. I mean behind the basket at the top row in the rafters. Nosebleed territory. So, I see a guy coming up the many steps toward us. He asks if we are Wake fans and we plead guilty. He says he's from the Chancellor of the Univ. of Maryland's party and they had some people leaving to go shopping and wanted to know if we wanted to move down and join them. He said UNC fans were moving into any empty seat and they didn't want them taking their seats. So we got to see Childress go off from center court. Very cool. I have had The Shot hanging in my office since then. Thanks Twerps!

haha, great story.

Rodney was absolutely unbelievable. What a privilege it was to be at school to witness his play. Lots o happy memories on this thread.

Know this is random, but does anyone know where I can find that pic of Randolph's shot to beat the holes in 95 in the ACC Tourney? Just finished my man cave and that would be a finishing piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every mancave also needs the print of Timmy & Randolph with their arms around each other. It is a tall print vs the normal wider version, but I would think the Deacon Shop at Hanes Mall might have it or the online Deacon Shop still sells them.

Rodney was absolutely unbelievable. What a privilege it was to be at school to witness his play. Lots o happy memories on this thread.

My fondest memory of Rodney is the pivot foot elbow into Christian Laettner that laid him out flat. That was just fundamental basketball poetry. There was no call on the play and rat face lost his mind.

Back