• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Picked up my $400 million Power Ball ticket today. What should I do with the money?

The powers that be will just line their pockets and crow about how much money they've brought in. You'd be better off buying the Million Dollar Belt. :(

Dude it's easy- fire [Redacted] and I'll give you x. You don't give the money first.

I think, on second though, I might buy an actual sailboat instead of a fully motorized one.

I_Should_Buy_A_Boat.jpg

Jesus, if you can't that trio is supposed to be a joke.....WOW.....

It's cool, I wasn't offended or upset or anything. Just kind of perplexed. I figured it might be a joke, especially with the Snowden line, but I didn't really get the teeth and pick-up part. But it's all good. I got no problem with rjkomedian. :)

One of the first guys who won nine figures said he going to buy some teeth, a used pick-up truck and a 12 pack..

Here's a hint, if it looks really silly and outrageous, let yourself have some fun. :)

One of the first guys who won nine figures said he going to buy some teeth, a used pick-up truck and a 12 pack..

Here's a hint, if it looks really silly and outrageous, let yourself have some fun. :)

I would pledge to eventually give most of it away. In the meantime I would immediately buy the nicest place I could find on the waterway at Wrightsville and 20 acres adjacent the land I already own in the mountains - where I would build a bodacious mountain cabin that was way too big to call a cabin...

That almost sounds like that guy in West Virginia who ended up spending it all on drugs, strippers, a helicopter- all kinds of craziness.

I would pledge to eventually give most of it away. In the meantime I would immediately buy the nicest place I could find on the waterway at Wrightsville and 20 acres adjacent the land I already own in the mountains - where I would build a bodacious mountain cabin that was way too big to call a cabin...

I'd probably do something like this- and make sure my parents and brothers are well taken care of. And give most of it away. I don't care about cars or anything like that. Just a couple nice houses, a decent car, something like a Subaru, and the occasional trip. I'd have the most fun giving it away to people and things I care about.

And a kayak. I'd like a kayak. And lessons so I know how to get around in a kayak.

I'd probably do something like this- and make sure my parents and brothers are well taken care of. And give most of it away. I don't care about cars or anything like that. Just a couple nice houses, a decent car, something like a Subaru, and the occasional trip. I'd have the most fun giving it away to people and things I care about.

make sure you're prepared to pay when the head gaskets go out on you. *grumble grumble*

That almost sounds like that guy in West Virginia who ended up spending it all on drugs, strippers, a helicopter- all kinds of craziness.

Tug McGraw had a classic line, "I spent 80% of my money on booze and women. I wasted the rest."

is it really "hood?" i've only stopped in the main town area to go to russian river brewing on my way to healdsburg.

as hood as could be expected for that part of the state. there's a huge blue-collar underbelly for that whole wine country area.

I think he's talking to me, though why he's implying I'm a neck I know not. But used pick ups are nice to have.

I missed his joke and was wondering what RJ would do with a truck.

I'd buy a new truck and use my 1 year old truck like a beater. I have 400 million. Why not?

Well you'd actually have about 200 million...

Not really.

ETA: yeah, that's probably about right if you take the lump sum you get about two thirds, federal tax is 25% and state is about 3%. So, 190 to 195 million.

Last edited:
just wasted at least an hour looking up property in sonoma county.

Back