• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

The bold answers my question. Everything else is surplussage. Forgive me for thinking that Wake will get the shit kicked out of it in a game where we will be, according to Pilch, 24-25 point dogs.

Is it possible that we beat Clemson? Sure. Could we play Clemson close? Sure. But I don't expect us to be close. Clemson is, quite simply, a much better team than Wake by pretty much any metric you want to use. Wake will be playing them at home. If Wake is ranked, that will most likely be the last chance Clemson has to impress the voters (and the metrics) by beating the snot out of a ranked team. Not to mention that if Wake beat them, they would most likely lose out on a chance to even play in the ACC CG.

That would appear to have the makings of a 48-21 type of game. Hope I'm wrong.

We already have a fusiondad. What’s the point of throwing cold water everywhere, of course it’s unlikely wake wins but fucking UNC was a botched conversion away from beating them.

I have to agree with DeaconSig here. Clemson's getting into high gear and we're the only good team they've played since September. Our defense is the thinnest it's been all year with Strnad and Masterson gone.

To stay in this game we'll need four long sustained scoring drives for at least 24 points, a couple of breaks on either side of the ball, and no turnovers.

BTW, the most points Clemson has given up this year is 20, to UNC-CH, although it should have been 21, heading into OT. In the four games since that, they've scored 59 points twice and 41 points twice, averaging 50 (I did that in my head, btw), while allowing 11 ppg (also done in my head), with just 10 first half points in the past four games.

Can someone explain Spencer Hall’s schtick with Wake? He’s had multiple tweets calling us the best ever

Can someone explain Spencer Hall’s schtick with Wake? He’s had multiple tweets calling us the best ever

This is what happens when your state legalizes marijuana.

Brasky did you see your boys win at UTEP today ?

Brasky did you see your boys win at UTEP today ?

Biff I think you forgot to sign out of your Go Niners account

But no. Although they did get a shout out on the Solid Verbal pod last week. Apparently might make their first bowl.

Yeah, gotta beat Marshall or ODU to get to six wins.

Ya know, if we had beaten Va Tech we would have gotten Alabama in the Orange Bowl.

Who the fuck is “we?” ACC guaranteed a spot in the bowl so Georgia couldn’t play Bama in the OB.

Ok, so what's the outlook, assuming loss, win, win to end the season?

Sun or Belk. About where we hoped for at the beginning of the season, but not what we hoped for last week.

The teams we lose to after losing to Clemson happens about every year. Usually costs us two games.

We need a lot more help than we previously did. The good news is that VPI still plays Pitt and UVA where the loser of those games is basically eliminated. So if we go loss, win, win and get the following results I think we have an excellent shot at the Orange Bowl still:

UNC > Pitt
Pitt > VPI
VPI > UVA

An additional threat now that Louisville is eliminated is Miami coming on strong. They have FIU and Duke left to end the season on a five game winning streak at 8-4 where they don't have a great chance to win the Coastal based on tiebreakers. So they could sneak into the top 25 CFP rankings in second for the ACC. They've also been consistently the second best team in the ACC this season based on metrics.

The ACC will only have Clemson ranked this week in the CFP

Back