• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

They have to take an ACC team. That's been established time and time again. If no other ACC team is ranked, then the OB just picks who they want.

You are all forgetting Notre Dame will take a bowl bid away. Clemson goes CFP, Notre Dame gets the #2, Coastal winner or Wake will be #3 choice.

No one is forgetting that. We know the rules. I think if ND wins out, they’ll get an at large NY6 bowl. They’re the biggest draw in the country. Or close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post

I will grant that a lot of that could be true. And if so I think the Orange Bowl will take Notre Dame in place of any un-CFP ranked ACC team. Don't know what their exact rules are but we everybody has 3 losses and the absolute best a Coastal team could have is 4 losses once their champion loses to Clemson. W could be 9-3 if we beat Duke & Syracuse but are severely damaged after two blowout losses to VT & Clemson so is there a way we get back up into the CFP Top 25? Hard to see that. VT entered AP at #25 today. Lose at Pitt & gone. Gonna be tough guys to get anybody into the OB from the ACC unless they just have to take an ACC team. In that case let's get us to 9-3 and hope for the best!

Notre Dame can go to the Orange Bowl to play an ACC team but not to replace an ACC team.

We must have the easiest path because we're playing two of the worse teams, while the Coastal's will be smacking the crap out of each other. A three loss Wake will be in better shape than a 4 loss ACCCG loser. The thing that would hurt us is our drawing power. We would be going up against a team whose B-Ball team won the natty or a team that will harken back to the Halcion days of the Big East.

No one is forgetting that. We know the rules. I think if ND wins out, they’ll get an at large NY6 bowl. They’re the biggest draw in the country. Or close to it.

That's decided by the CFP rankings. Notre Dame will not climb that high

That's decided by the CFP rankings. Notre Dame will not climb that high

ND is probably going to finish 10-2. They are currently ranked #16, prior to the release of this week's rankings. No one seems likely to jump ahead of them.

Teams slightly in front of them that will likely suffer a loss, or have already suffered a loss, include everyone who still has tOSU on their schedule (Michigan (15), Wisconsin (14) or Minnesota (8), Penn State (9), Baylor (13), Oklahoma probably still has another game with Baylor, Auburn lost this weekend and still has Alabama.

I don't think Oregon, Utah, or Alabama stand much of a chance of dropping below ND, and Florida's only remaining game is against FSU.

ND with a ranking of around #10 is going to be in good postion for an at-large NY6 bowl bid but probably won't get it based on tie-ins and who is in the playoff.

Right now, everyone has Notre Dame slotted to the Camping World Bowl.

The SEC spot in the Orange bowl is likely to go to the one kept out of the playoff of UGA, LSU or Bama, and after this weekend, I am fine not playing any of them.

ESPN has us going to either the Pinstripe (NYC) or back to Belk.

ND with a ranking of around #10 is going to be in good postion for an at-large NY6 bowl bid but probably won't get it based on tie-ins and who is in the playoff.

Doesn't sound like that good of a position then. There's only two at-large spots open, one of those is surely getting filled by an SEC team and the Big Ten has a ton of viable candidates as well

The SEC spot in the Orange bowl is likely to go to the one kept out of the playoff of UGA, LSU or Bama, and after this weekend, I am fine not playing any of them.

The Sugar Bowl gets the first choice of SEC teams after the CFP. And I don't see 2 SEC teams in the CFP. The winner of the SEC Championship will go to the CFP, then the loser of that game to the Sugar and Alabama to the Orange. I guess that the Sugar Bowl could take Alabama and leave the UGa/LSU for the Orange Bowl.

So even if we end up 9-3, with the second best record in the ACC, we could end up in the Pinstripe?

All we can do is win the last two. If the coastal teams get 1 extra loss, we'll be the only 3 loss team, because a best coastal team will get their 4th loss in the ACCCG. This could set us up for Orlando vs a good Big 12 team. WE MUST BEAT DUKE!

All we can do is win the last two. If the coastal teams get 1 extra loss, we'll be the only 3 loss team, because a best coastal team will get their 4th loss in the ACCCG. This could set us up for Orlando vs a good Big 12 team. WE MUST BEAT DUKE!

I don't see us playing in the Camping World Bowl. I'm sure that they will take Notre Dame.

How do we end up in Nashville or Charlotte? I'm assuming we will get effed by the higher tier bowl selection process.

Back