• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Has it come out for sure that the Orange Bowl just gets to pick who they want vs. the committee ranking the teams until they get an ACC team, the reported method for the "Group of Five" team? Just making sure, the consensus on that seems to have flipped amongst y'all

Has it come out for sure that the Orange Bowl just gets to pick who they want vs. the committee ranking the teams until they get an ACC team, the reported method for the "Group of Five" team? Just making sure, the consensus on that seems to have flipped amongst y'all

yes, it has come out for sure that the CFP does not continue ranking teams just to force the Orange Bowl to take somebody

Last edited:

Yeah as quoted above this point was finally clarified. Not sure why it deviates from the former proposed protocol for G5 selection but at least there is an answer now.

Wake has a decent number of graduates in the New York area and it’s pretty easy to get to. I think Wake would represent well attendance wise. Less than Charlotte or Nashville I would think but it wouldn’t be a meager turnout IMO.

I think attendance is going to be much less wherever we go, unless it's Charlotte, Miami, or Orlando. There won't be near as much enthusiasm finishing the season 2-2 or worse to (at least seemingly) back into a decent bowl game vs. winning big games down the stretch to reach bowl eligibility. While NYC and Nashville are obviously great cities, they don't allow for the allure of a warm weather vacation like Florida, or obviously the proximity of Charlotte. Hell, even Charlotte would get a lot lower attendance than 2 years ago, IMO.

So you people are finally getting tired of shitty mid-tier non-Florida bowls huh ?

Early projections today are Pinstripe vs Indiana or Illinois (ESPN and CBS), Belk vs Missouri (ESPN), Sun vs Arizona St (Sporting News), Camping World vs Baylor (247). I'd like Mizzou in Charlotte.

I just died inside a little. That loss to Louisville really stings.

I guess I'd take the fighting Herm Edwards, but all of those potential opponents are ass.

Camping World vs a 1 or 2 loss Baylor team (who we could potentially actually beat) would be awesome. Ain't happening though.

Can the OB push a ACC team to the Citrus by taking B1G/SEC teams or B1G/ND? Would we have a chance with Citrus vs Iowa/Michigan? This is with us going 9-3 and coastal's have 4 loses.

Can the OB push a ACC team to the Citrus by taking B1G/SEC teams or B1G/ND? Would we have a chance with Citrus vs Iowa/Michigan? This is with us going 9-3 and coastal's have 4 loses.

If the OB chooses a Big 10 team to play the ACC team, then the ACC gets the Citrus Bowl. But with the OB almost guaranteed to get either LSU, Alabama, or Georgia, they won't be choosing a Big 10 team.

do people actually want Wake in the Orange Bowl at this point?

Yes. Maybe Clawson will actually try to win a bowl game vs. a top tier SEC team on a neutral field.

What are the scenarios that get us to Camping World or Citrus? Obviously we need to finish 9-3 and do it impressively, and have everyone else lose, but what outside of the ACC would need to happen?

What are the scenarios that get us to Camping World or Citrus? Obviously we need to finish 9-3 and do it impressively, and have everyone else lose, but what outside of the ACC would need to happen?

Notre Dame makes the New Year's 6

Camping World Bowl decides they want to invite us over one of several ACC rivals with bigger fan bases and name brands

Citrus can only take us (they would also need to make that same decision above) if the Orange picks a B1G team over an SEC team which is nigh impossible; the only team fitting that bill would maybe be tOSU and I don't see them failing to land in either the CFP or Rose Bowl (and then still being more attractive than Alabama)

For those reasons, the OB or Gasparilla are the most likely FL bowls every year. Hard to see the Camping World, Citrus, or Gator taking us unless a lot of things line up that way.

Back