• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Dumb. You don't think 9-3 and an OB option are where this team should be? Part of the problem.

Deep breath dude. It’s possible to both be pissed about the result today but happy about the trajectory of the program.

Deep breath dude. It’s possible to both be pissed about the result today but happy about the trajectory of the program.
Respectfully disagree. ACC down with a decent team, we underwhelmed. Things won't be so rosy next year. I'm concerned.

If you are saying that this Wake team should have beaten that Cuse team, then I agree.

So who are you blaming exactly? Is it the coach, the QB or the other players that put us in that position to begin with?

Bad games happen. The timing on this one sucks, but rooting for other teams to lose to secure a spot in X bowl game isnt how I roll. We are not a tier 1 team right now, and still might get into a tier 1 bowl.

I think with appx 1 month to prepare, the timing of our offense will be greatly improved (assuming Newsome is good to go). We are going to be a pain in the ass for any opponent we are projected to face.

As I mentioned in the game thread, Hartman probably actually has more reps than Newman with the current receiving corps.
I'm saying we should have straight up won the game on our slate today. We were the better team, personnel wise, on almost every account. We came out soft, under coached, and under prepared.

Respectfully disagree. ACC down with a decent team, we underwhelmed. Things won't be so rosy next year. I'm concerned.

You should be. The schedules the next several years set up to make it extremely unlikely that Wake becomes bowl eligible again any time soon. The 2023 season looks particularly rough with the potential to realistically lose 3 out of 4 out of conference games.

3-1 ooc in 2023. Elon, Vanderbilt, and Air Force all at home will be W's and at Notre Dame will be a loss maybe.

3-1 ooc in 2023. Elon, Vanderbilt, and Air Force all at home will be W's and at Notre Dame will be a loss maybe.
When has ND ever been a W? There are some programs we will never match up against properly. ND is one. That is always marked as a L.

I'm guessing 2023 OOC looks something more like:

Notre Dame - Definite loss
Vanderbilt - Probable loss
Air Force - Toss up
Elon - Probable win

I don’t know. That senior Kern to Greene combination is going to be sweet. Excited about a senior Flowers in the backfield too. We are going to see if the new redshirt rule gives us an advantage.

The same Vanderbilt that lost to unlv 34-10 this year?

Vanderbilt? The same Vanderbilt that was outscored by FBS opponents 381-160 this season? That is a probable loss in 2023?

Updated look at the most likely Tier 1 bowl opponents. As always, the Big 10, SEC and Pac 12 bowl teams could be impacted by changes in the NY6 bowls.

Pinstripe Bowl – The most likely Big 10 rep is definitely Illinois. Michigan State is also a possibility though.

Belk Bowl – Kentucky is most likely SEC rep.

Music City Bowl – Mississippi State is most likely SEC rep.

Sun Bowl – Either Cal or Washington State are the most likely Pac-12 reps. Cal could end up here regardless of whether they win or lose against UCLA in the late game, however a Cal win could also move them up in the hierarchy and push Washington or Arizona State down to the Sun Bowl.

I think there will be quick consensus that the Tier 1 Bowl teams will be Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Louisville and UNC (with 6-win UNC jumping 7-win Pitt).

There are lots of possible scenarios, but two scenarios seem more likely than any others.

Scenario #1:
Virginia Tech to the Belk Bowl
UNC to the Pinstripe Bowl (Giglio says UNC wants the Pinstripe. In addition, UNC went to the Sun Bowl in 2016, so it is less likely they get put there)
Louisville to the Music City Bowl (geographic proximity)
Wake Forest to the Sun Bowl

Scenario #2:
Virginia Tech to the Gator Bowl (in a swap with the Music City Bowl)
UNC to the Belk Bowl
Louisville and Wake Forest go to the Sun Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl. Not sure which goes where. I don’t think that Louisville has been to the Sun Bowl before.

I think there will be quick consensus that the Tier 1 Bowl teams will be Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Louisville and UNC (with 6-win UNC jumping 7-win Pitt).

There are lots of possible scenarios, but two scenarios seem more likely than any others.

Scenario #1:
Virginia Tech to the Belk Bowl
UNC to the Pinstripe Bowl (Giglio says UNC wants the Pinstripe. In addition, UNC went to the Sun Bowl in 2016, so it is less likely they get put there)
Louisville to the Music City Bowl (geographic proximity)
Wake Forest to the Sun Bowl

Scenario #2:
Virginia Tech to the Gator Bowl (in a swap with the Music City Bowl)
UNC to the Belk Bowl
Louisville and Wake Forest go to the Sun Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl. Not sure which goes where. I don’t think that Louisville has been to the Sun Bowl before.
UNC can knock us out of Charlotte with 6 wins and a loss to us? That’s fucked up.

I'm guessing 2023 OOC looks something more like:

Notre Dame - Definite loss
Vanderbilt - Probable loss
Air Force - Toss up
Elon - Probable win

This is the most Sky is falling reactionary shit I’ve ever seen in this board. One crappy loss and all of a sudden our team blows chunks FOUR YEARS from now? What the fuck? Take a step back.

Back