• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

To increase attendance, Currie is going to have to get current students to attend the bowl game. The fanbase has not grown much. It's typically parents of the players, the older crowd of true supporter alumni, and a smaller younger crowd of true supporter alumni. I almost never run into a Wake Forest fan who has no Wake Forest ties. We need to capture some of the Walmart fan market.

I'd be fine if we never capture that market.

Clawson's is averaging 2.66 conference wins per season at Wake and he has never won 5 conference games in the ACC. I agree that the young talent looks great and it will be fun to watch them play. I hope I'm wrong but it looks likely that Wake's OL will not be as good and overall defense will not be as good next year.

Clawson's is averaging 2.66 conference wins per season at Wake and he has never won 5 conference games in the ACC. I agree that the young talent looks great and it will be fun to watch them play. I hope I'm wrong but it looks likely that Wake's OL will not be as good and overall defense will not be as good next year.

Running KWIII as the feature back is worth one win on its own.

LB play will be solid, d line might fall off a touch with Boogie likely gone. Corners will need replacing. I'm strangely comfortable with Ja'Sir. Finding #2 and #3 CBs will be a chore.

Are we still the same team we were 6 weeks ago? Could have sworn we were missing some things.

And if it's OB or bust and people dont think we've taken the next step, then we are a far more delusional fanbase than I realized.

Not to mention, it is possible we return all but 1 impact player from a "Orange Bowl or bust" team.

I get that we don't want a LOWF attitude , but some of you are going wayyyy too BOWF. There is a middle ground and thats where we are. Upper middle is where we were before we got injured, and now we're just middle again. Its not a step back bc of the possible returnees and depth Clawson has built.

Maybe we all just need to be a bit more ROWF.

The bowl system is so dumb. I love going to bowl games, but the whole concept is so stupid. People are against expanding the playoff for this silly exhibition collection.

How is it that a 6-6 UNC team could be picked ahead of or I the same tier as an 8 win team?

How is it that a 6-6 UNC team could be picked ahead of or I the same tier as an 8 win team?

They’re being picked ahead of Pitt, a 7 win team. Since it’s just a one game difference they can bump Pitt to tier 2. But they can’t bump an 8 win team to tier 2.

I think this is Clawson's peak at Wake. Wake loses a lot of experience on OL and defense and will likely take a step backwards next year.

Clawson has Wake winning 2 to 4 conference games a season. Wake needs an easy OOC schedule to consistently make bowl games.

Louisville and UNC on upward trajectory. FSU and Miami likely to improve and already loaded with talent/potential. Clemson and Notre Dame are guaranteed losses.

Recruiting under Clawson has gotten better but looks to have plateaued.

QB's seem to be highly susceptible to injury in Clawson's offense. Wake's lack of depth makes it difficult to sustain injuries ans win as the season progresses.

Clawson probably needs to make some changes to the coaching staff to address special team and defense. It's unclear and unlikely he makes those changes coming off an 8-4 season.

Completely disagree on D taking a step back. We return 6 of the front 8 (7 really for last few games with Strnad out) with most all backups back and 3 great safeties along with another CB in Jasir that really improved. You have a stud Shamar and Jacorey who will get stronger and continue to improve and get more snaps and I believe help replace Boogies production. Not to even consider other players getting a chance to step up and everyone getting stronger and better over offseason along with another season of Hemphill getting players to play his system. I think the D could be great next year.

I do agree our O will come down to how good the OL replacements are and if they can open holes for Kwalker, but if they are solid and Sage comes back? Look out as could really surprise next year.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I get the dislike of the “Wal
mart Duke or UNC” fan. With that said, I don’t believe you have to attend a school to be a fan. I never attended Wake but support their athletics program.

The reason Wake alums hate Duke and UNC Walmart fans is that there are so many of them. That and we just hate Duke and UNC in general. But most of us welcome all of the non-alum Wake fans under the tent, Walmart or otherwise.

I love how ND gets classified as “ACC” and yet they are not for football.

They are independent for football and I hope we beat their holier than though Team and coach off their high horses in Charlotte next year.

Load up on tix for Charlotte battle w them next year folks!

Go Deacs, a true and original ACC member in all sports!!

Completely disagree on D taking a step back. We return 6 of the front 8 (7 really for last few games with Strnad out) with most all backups back and 3 great safeties along with another CB in Jasir that really improved. You have a stud Shamar and Jacorey who will get stronger and continue to improve and get more snaps and I believe help replace Boogies production. Not to even consider other players getting a chance to step up and everyone getting stronger and better over offseason along with another season of Hemphill getting players to play his system. I think the D could be great next year.

I do agree our O will come down to how good the OL replacements are and if they can open holes for Kwalker, but if they are solid and Sage comes back? Look out as could really surprise next year.

Lots of potential on defense but hard to replace Basham, Strnad, Henderson, and Bassey.

Other than the federal government and the decision to make Godfather III?

Back