• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

To increase attendance, Currie is going to have to get current students to attend the bowl game. The fanbase has not grown much. It's typically parents of the players, the older crowd of true supporter alumni, and a smaller younger crowd of true supporter alumni. I almost never run into a Wake Forest fan who has no Wake Forest ties. We need to capture some of the Walmart fan market.

They should create a section of 10,000 seats for local school school students at $1 a seat if they come with Wake gear and families. The seats could be released one week before game.

If we go to Sun Bowl and play Arizona State, Caldwell beat them 23-3 in '99 in the Aloha Bowl. His son had a good game IIRC.

If we go to Sun Bowl and play Arizona State, Caldwell beat them 23-3 in '99 in the Aloha Bowl. His son had a good game IIRC.

Christmas Day I recollect. DeacMom won the prediction thread that I think I started. Didn’t she have a son on the team back then?

We are ACC/PAC12 Bowl Killers. Wasted the Aloha and Seattle Bowls in the span of 4 years.

And 3 times in 10 years. Oregon in Independence in 92, Arizona St in Aloha in 99 and Oregon in Seattle in 2002

Im just having a hard time imagining our defense getting any worse.

Jay Sawvel's defense at Wake is rock bottom.

Jay Sawvel apparently didn't understand Wake. His defenses prior to Wake were top 20. He got to Wake and developed a bottom 20 defense with guys that played much better without him. Go figure.

Jay Sawvel apparently didn't understand Wake. His defenses prior to Wake were top 20. He got to Wake and developed a bottom 20 defense with guys that played much better without him. Go figure.
Sometimes people just don't fit.
Does anyone know where Sawvel is now?

We need to let these bowl committees know that we were just 84 points (just 12 touchdowns) away from an undefeated season. Almost 12-0 !!!

Completely disagree on D taking a step back. We return 6 of the front 8 (7 really for last few games with Strnad out) with most all backups back and 3 great safeties along with another CB in Jasir that really improved. You have a stud Shamar and Jacorey who will get stronger and continue to improve and get more snaps and I believe help replace Boogies production. Not to even consider other players getting a chance to step up and everyone getting stronger and better over offseason along with another season of Hemphill getting players to play his system. I think the D could be great next year.

I do agree our O will come down to how good the OL replacements are and if they can open holes for Kwalker, but if they are solid and Sage comes back? Look out as could really surprise next year.

We will be weaker at cornerback.

Losing Basham and replacing with? Johns is good on one side - like him a lot.

Safeties should be very, very good. We seem always to have 1 good one and a serviceable other Safety, yet 2020 we will have 2 really exceptional ones (maybe 3).

We should have more speed at LB if we play Hudson and...we still have guys (LB) at Death Valley who were so juked out, they are stuck in the field. That true FR that flipped to Oklahoma would have played NY.

Interior DL - looks good.

Kicker - best in college football.

Punter - we will be worse.

Kickoffs - good lord.

We will be weaker at cornerback.

Losing Basham and replacing with? Johns is good on one side - like him a lot.

Safeties should be very, very good. We seem always to have 1 good one and a serviceable other Safety, yet 2020 we will have 2 really exceptional ones (maybe 3).

We should have more speed at LB if we play Hudson and...we still have guys (LB) at Death Valley who were so juked out, they are stuck in the field. That true FR that flipped to Oklahoma would have played NY.

Interior DL - looks good.

Kicker - best in college football.

Punter - we will be worse.

Kickoffs - good lord.

We still won’t be as good at DE, but Shamar McCollum should be set to take a big step with another year in the weight room.

That was after our field-storming win over GT that resulted in torn-down goalposts at Groves. Awesome. Also, didn't Arizona State have the flu for that game? Like half the team?

I'd rather play in the Military Bowl again than in the Sun Bowl. The Sun Bowl is a wasteland.

Food poisoning.

More like food poysoning, right ?

33na2Sx.gif

Back