• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Sorry. MSU is bowl eligible, not Ole Miss. I included Indiana because there have been projections that the Music City Bowl and Gator Bowl may agree to help each other. Indiana vs. Kentucky in Nashville. At this point in time it's all guess work and opinion.

Could have sworn Ole Miss scored at the end of the game and went for 2 and won; now I'm really pissed.

According to the statistical data we should have beaten Cleveland State easily and Duncan should have made it to at least one Final Four.

You stat nerds need to pipe down. I've watched Wake football long enough to know exactly what's going to happen. We will go 2-3 or 3-2 in the final five games, including one absurdly dumb performance in a game we are favored in, and we'll finish with 8 or 9 wins and its our turn to go to the Sun Bowl.

Mark. It. Down.

Not the end of the world, as around the 25 or 30th best team we probably don't deserve a BCS game, so its okay if we finally play in El Paso.

Next year is the year. I can feel it.

^Posted 10/27/19 in response to one of the KenPom Twins spouting off about how Wake was a statistical lock for the OB

BRASKY KNOWS SPORTS

(OR AT LEAST WAKE FOOTBALL)

I said Wake had a plurality not majority shot to make it. We were 48 percent to finish with 9+ wins and 52 percent to finish with 7 or 8.

^Posted 10/27/19 in response to one of the KenPom Twins spouting off about how Wake was a statistical lock for the OB

BRASKY KNOWS SPORTS

(OR AT LEAST WAKE FOOTBALL)

Remember when you were calling for Clawson to be fired and Wolford to be benched, 5 games into his senior season?

Remember when you were calling for Clawson to be fired and Wolford to be benched, 5 games into his senior season?

I do. It was after a cowardly home loss to a terrible F$U team. Glad I was wrong.

Just saw an article on twitter someone posted from the El Paso newspaper saying they are hoping for Miami, Louisville or FSU.

I don't think it's news that a bowl wants FSU or Miami. They know FL fans aren't going to show up anyway, so they want it for TV purposes.

what bowl is gonna say they want Wake? the Belk Bowl makes fun of us on Twitter every so often, and they'd be the only logical one to say something.

I don't think it's news that a bowl wants FSU or Miami. They know FL fans aren't going to show up anyway, so they want it for TV purposes.

Agreed, what did I miss that has led to UNC being the tier 2 team to jump to the pinstripe and not FSU/Miami instead. Or FSU/Miami to Sun and Wake to Pinstripe.

Have only read how 6-6 UNC jumps in to Tier 1 to join Va Tech, Wake, and Louisville.

So assuming the four team pool is V. Tech, Louisville, UNC and us, does the Sun Bowl have to pick us?? ( the other three would clearly be picked first) I assume the Sun Bowl guy is incorrect that FSU could be in the four team pool.

Va Tech and Wake are locked in to Tier 1 bowls. Louisville and Pitt can be jumped by any of the 6-6 teams (UNC, FSU, Boston College, Miami)

FSU or Miami to Sun Bowl and Wake to Pinstripe would be ideal in that scenario (well, not ideal, but for where we are).

For those who are wondering, last season the bowl bids fell into place the day after the ACC Championship game. So the speculation will probably end by then. Although maybe not, with Virginia Tech and UVA not being 100% certain of their fate until the Tuesday after the ACCCG?

Anyway.... I wish we could play in the Bahamas Bowl. I'd go.

For those who are wondering, last season the bowl bids fell into place the day after the ACC Championship game. So the speculation will probably end by then. Although maybe not, with Virginia Tech and UVA not being 100% certain of their fate until the Tuesday after the ACCCG?

Anyway.... I wish we could play in the Bahamas Bowl. I'd go.

final CFP rankings come out Sunday 12/8 so they can announce the CFP field

It seems like no bowl is ever going to voluntarily pick Wake over another program in the ACC.

Does that mean there is no reason to buy tickets through the school?

It’s commonly much cheaper and better seats to purchase on the secondary market for bowl games that Wake is playing in.

I’ve always purchased through Wake but wonder if there is any value in doing so.

Back