• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Cool. See you there.

This Billy's place that Wake alumni is getting together at beforehand is supposed to suck. Of all the venues near Fenway, it has the lowest Yelp rating. I'm gonna be with my 10-year old so I am going straight inside and to Monument Park. Then, hit the bar inside.

Billys kinda sucks as a night club - but on Yankee game days, its fine - its a two story joint, one big massive room inside - second floor has outside area, not sure if they have heat lamps or anything, but there is a big bar out there. Its a 1 minute walk across the street to the stadium.

Will Stan’s be open for a bowl game or do they only do Yankee games?

You guys being loyal Deacons and ordering through the ticket office, or StubHub? I’m thinking about buying some soon.

Early forecast is 40 and no rain/sleet. I would take that.

Anyone have one extra Billy’s tailgate ticket for sale let me know!

AIR, Yankee Stadium seats about 45,000 for baseball. For the bowl, believe the first 7 rows of field box seats are not sold obviously for negative sight lines.

So guessing a true sell-out is around 39-40,000....

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2017/12/28/Bowl-attendance.aspx

Pray for decent weather !!

One of the World Series games I attended at the original Yankee Stadium was Game 3 of the 1960 Series. Attendance was 70,001. My father told me I was the 1 (11-year-old me knew it was BS, but it still sounded cool).

One of the World Series games I attended at the original Yankee Stadium was Game 3 of the 1960 Series. Attendance was 70,001. My father told me I was the 1 (11-year-old me knew it was BS, but it still sounded cool).

That is a great DAd story!!

I decided to splurge and do the Audi club offer primarily because I am taking my wife and two kids with me (9 and 10 year old) and if the weather got really bad I wanted to have a place to go so that they could enjoy the game.

Anyone else make the splurge? Just curious if I will run into anyone up there.

Yes, similar reasons. That may cut my time short at Billy’s.

I was at Game Five of the 1964 Series with my dad and grandpa. When Tim McCarver hit what
turned out to be the winning three-run home run in the top of the tenth, the three of us went nuts. The Yankee fans around us didn’t appreciate our enthusiasm.

I hate that I have to miss this game. To watch the Deacs play in NYC would be special.

I visited the original Yankee Stadium 1x. It was a double-header with the White Sox (which won the AL pennant that year) in 1959. I recall Mickey Mantle allowing a ball to go between his legs in center and seeing the ball bang around among the monuments. I think the Sox won both games. It was neat.

I was at Game Five of the 1964 Series with my dad and grandpa. When Tim McCarver hit what
turned out to be the winning three-run home run in the top of the tenth, the three of us went nuts. The Yankee fans around us didn’t appreciate our enthusiasm.

I hate that I have to miss this game. To watch the Deacs play in NYC would be special.

I was at both games 3 and 4 - Mantle hit a thundering HR off of Barney Shultz leading off the 9th to win game 3, then Ken Boyer hit a grand slam in game 4 to tie the series.

I was at both games 3 and 4 - Mantle hit a thundering HR off of Barney Shultz leading off the 9th to win game 3, then Ken Boyer hit a grand slam in game 4 to tie the series.

I was at the duel over on the other side of the Hudson between Hamilton and Aaron Burr. Weehawken has changed a lot. The weather was nice though. Clear sunny skies, you could see for miles.

You guys being loyal Deacons and ordering through the ticket office, or StubHub? I’m thinking about buying some soon.

Always buy through Wake. There is not a big enough price difference to NOT buy through Wake. The tickets are most likely the least expensive part about a bowl game in NYC. Just buy through Wake for $55.

If anyone needs a reasonably priced hotel I'm about to cancel my reservation at the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West (West 37th Street & 8th Avenue). It was $254/night back when I booked it, total with taxes $295. I could just transfer it into someone elses name if anyone needs a solid, cheap hotel (compared to other places, most of which are now sold out). Otherwise I need to cancel by Monday to avoid a penalty.

Sadly, the Pinstripe Bowl dream is dead for this guy. 2 kids under 2 in the house, one of which is only a few weeks old and not sleeping yet.

Always buy through Wake. There is not a big enough price difference to NOT buy through Wake. The tickets are most likely the least expensive part about a bowl game in NYC. Just buy through Wake for $55.

It has nothing to do with the price Mr. AD plant. Those of us that don’t buy from Wake do so because we actually want good seats and don’t have a million dollars laying around to donate for the chance to get those.

I decided to splurge and do the Audi club offer primarily because I am taking my wife and two kids with me (9 and 10 year old) and if the weather got really bad I wanted to have a place to go so that they could enjoy the game.

Anyone else make the splurge? Just curious if I will run into anyone up there.

What is the deal with the Audi club tickets?

I was going to buy through deacon club but they wanted you to buy without knowing where you were sitting (you suggested a couple of sections) versus picking out the exact seat you want for a cheaper price on stubhub.

Back