• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Natty Greene's has an English-style IPA called Elm Street out right now that is pretty good. It has more malt in it than your all-hops Cali IPAs which gives it a smoother taste and texture, but still plenty hoppy.

my wife prefers the milder english style ipas, but i love DEM HOPS.

$24 for 12 beers (Winston price) isn't that bad. I guess I would balk at a $12 6-pack though, so you have a point.

I'll be going up to PA in a couple weeks so maybe I can try it then!

I thought beer was kind of your thing; what beers are you regularly buying that are less than $10-12 / 6 pack?

I thought beer was kind of your thing; what beers are you regularly buying that are less than $10-12 / 6 pack?

mostly I buy cheaper things that I already know I like in quantity in 6-packs and more expensive beer at bars or in bombers (or mix-6 packs). Those are obviously more than $2 per beer but my ladybrain gets distracted by "$12 6-pack" and doesn't think of it as "$2 beer, still good price."

Now that I'm seeing Pumking and other fall beers in stores, I'm thinking I should go buy up some more Leinenkugel Shandy at like $7-8 per 6-pack before all the summer beers go away.

Yea seeing Octoberfest and Pumpkin Ales in stores is throwing me off. I hate it.

I'm not ready for fall beers. make it stop - summer has a solid month and a half to go. DON'T TAKE MY SUNSHINE.

In other news, had a pyramid apricot ale for the first time in forever last night. I can't drink much of it often, but that pint just really hit the spot.

fall beers when its too hot taste like death

seems to get earlier each and every year

Just snagged two tickets to the member only session of the Great American Beer Festival. I fucking love living in Denver.

I've got two for the Friday night session. Also, I didn't realize there was another Denver based Deac on here (not that I post much).

We thought about going to the one in October for my buddy's bachelor party. Going to Cincy for Oktoberfest instead.

Was driving from W-S to Charlotte on Sunday for a 4:30 flight. Just after I got on the road, I got the email from USAir that the flight is delayed 1 hour. Detour to NODA for some Hop Drop!

Beer Camp beers legit.

Best so far is the Ninkasi Double Latte.

Also tried New Glarus There and Back, Oskar Blues Canfusion, and Bells Maillard Odyssey.

I've had 9/12 of the beer camp beers, and the double latte is definitely the best so far. Nothing else is really outstanding , though it's nice to be able to try 12 different breweries and styles in one 12 pack.

The cigar city one was a really fun beer too.

Back