• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Café Racer 15? Really? A 9.75% ABV DIPA is a good summer beer?

Also Rübæus is way too sweet for me.

Café Racer 15? Really? A 9.75% ABV DIPA is a good summer beer?

Also Rübæus is way too sweet for me.

i haven't had that or road warrior (9% rye ipa), those two do seem odd additions

i also don't really understand what people's obsession with victory is

troegs is so much the superior brewery

it must just be that victory gets better distribution and fewer people outside of mid-atlantic know about troegs

Taking a random road trip to bell's brewery this weekend. Anyone been?

i also don't really understand what people's obsession with victory is

troegs is so much the superior brewery

it must just be that victory gets better distribution and fewer people outside of mid-atlantic know about troegs

I had dinner at Troegs last night. That place is badass...

+1 on the Summer Solstice - it's become one of my fav's. The Winter Solstice is great, as are the Oatmeal Stout and Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel that Anderson Valley also make.

Had this Weyerbacher last night. The 2014 Riserva is a wild ale;it was super tart and so fucking good. Not cheap though.
riserva-label-no-warning.jpg

+1 on the Summer Solstice - it's become one of my fav's. The Winter Solstice is great, as are the Oatmeal Stout and Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel that Anderson Valley also make.

Had this Weyerbacher last night. The 2014 Riserva is a wild ale;it was super tart and so fucking good. Not cheap though.
riserva-label-no-warning.jpg

Nothing they make is cheap. It's the main reason I don't drink their beer. They were in my backyard, but their beers are way overpriced. Also, I really dig Anderson Valley. They have such solid options for very reasonable prices.

Deschutes twilight is good stuff, and I like the highlands razor wit a lot as well- that was one of the kegs at yesterday's wedding. Went to thirsty monk last night and -among other things- had something that was 11.8% but went down smooth. It was dangerous.

Yes! Thank you for reminding me I've got one more waiting for me at home.

Taking a random road trip to bell's brewery this weekend. Anyone been?

So yeah, it was awesome. Among other things, they are making a version of two hearted (honey hearted ale) that's 16.7%. Not ready yet, sadly. Tons of great brewery exclusive brews though, including a version of oarsman brewed with cherries and bourbon barrel aged that tasted a little like bourbony cheerwine.

This is fucking awesome. Just got tix to the Philly stop.

If you CLT guys have the chance to get a bottle of the Triple C Coming in Hops, I highly recommend. Imperial IPA with honey. Tastes like a fuller Hopslam.

Had a bunch of Epic beers today...good stuff. If you can find any I recommend checking them out:

3emyhydu.jpg

Last edited:
Back