• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Coming soon, Stone's Coffee Milk Stout.

c4vn9.jpg

:drool:

I've got a half-full growler of Enjoy By 7/4/14 in the fridge right now... it's good stuff. I need to find some bottles so I can keep it a little longer.

I had a St Bernardus Quad this week. Very good.

Just got 3 bottles of enjoy by from total wine; looking forward to trying it

What are the 2-3 best breweries in Asheville to visit on a short weekend?

We are headed there this weekend for a wedding, only plans as of now are to meet the bride and groom at Wicked Weed tomorrow night around 10ish, otherwise open

Had it last night on tap, sans Old Bay rim. The spices are really subtle and not overwhelming, which is a great thing. Comes in a bit on the back end and overall a pretty refreshing beer. I could drink it all day on a hot summer scorcher and not have a problem.

A friend just gave me a bottle of this - looking forward to trying it. Is Old Bay on the rim how they typically serve it up there?

my neighborhood bar just continues to beef up their bottle selection. stopped in last night for a few brews, and i ordered an alpine brewing hoppy bday on tap which was really nice. had 2 almanac sours (blackberry and strawberry), and both were great. the bartender got drunk so he cracked his two fave bombers they had: bruery's rueuze and stillwater's gose gone wild. both great, but the gose gone wild may be my fave sour i've had. even better that they were free. think i ended up drinking 6 beers and my wife had 2. paid 40 bucks with tip.

Matt has a few Stone RuinTen IPA's left at Stella. They won't last.

my neighborhood bar just continues to beef up their bottle selection. stopped in last night for a few brews, and i ordered an alpine brewing hoppy bday on tap which was really nice. had 2 almanac sours (blackberry and strawberry), and both were great. the bartender got drunk so he cracked his two fave bombers they had: bruery's rueuze and stillwater's gose gone wild. both great, but the gose gone wild may be my fave sour i've had. even better that they were free. think i ended up drinking 6 beers and my wife had 2. paid 40 bucks with tip.

Damn wish I knew that was happening. Was in SF yesterday for vacation. Went to Cellarmaker brewing, Toronado, Zeitgeist and Mikkeller. Definitely drank well this vacation. I found that blackberry sour at a bottle shop around there and I loved it.

What are the 2-3 best breweries in Asheville to visit on a short weekend?

We are headed there this weekend for a wedding, only plans as of now are to meet the bride and groom at Wicked Weed tomorrow night around 10ish, otherwise open

Wicked Weed, Green Man (Burial is right around the corner), and Hi-Wire.
The basement at Thirsty Monk is great for selection, but they don't sell their own stuff at the downtown spot.

Paste says these are the 16 best summer beers:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2014/06/the-best-summer-beers-in-america.html

16. New Belgium Summer Helles
15. Odell St. Lupulin Extra Pale Ale
14. 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon
13. Anderson Valley Summer Solstice
12. Highland Razor Wit
11. Bell’s Oarsman Ale
10. Sweetwater Waterkeeper
9. Green Flash Road Warrior
8. Southern Tier Compass
7. Deschutes Twilight
6. Dogfish Head Festina Peche
5. Bell’s Oberon
4. Victory Whirlwind Witbier
3. Bear Republic Café Racer 15
2. Firestone Walker Easy Jack
1. Founders Rübæus

Don't disagree with any of their choices in particular, even like #1. I think I've had 13 of the 16. Oberon seems like it might be fan favorite, but the Oarsmen is a better beer in my opinion.

Back