• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

have you had fresh squeezed? it's on the nugget nectar level for me.

Fresh Squeezed is hands-down my favorite of theirs that I've had so far.
Black Butte and Obsidian aren't super special... Chainbreaker is a good easy-drinker, as is Red Chair, but they're not anything I'd make a point to seek out and buy over other options. Just solid, moderately-priced fridge-fillers.
What else is in your variety pack? Not surprising, but it's their smaller batch brews that are really good. The rest isn't much different from any other fairly widely-distributed micro. IMO.

i had the inversion last night too

that leaves fresh squeezed and the abyss

i've had the abyss on tap once before and was very impressed

phan, can you get any of these down there?
1. worthy
2. ft. george
3. caldera

each of their IPAs is DELICIOUS. in side-by-side comparisons, Caldera gets the ultimate nod... if you can find it, get it.
all of these come in cans, not bottles.

i have not seen any, but i'll be on the lookout.

word on the grapevine is that the little corner store on my block's massive sale of wine/food is to open up the space for the upscale beer/wine market my neighborhood sorely needs. i'm pretty jazzed. they keep the store stocked with the common, good local stuff but nothing interesting currently. the g store has a bit more, but i have to go a mile to get to a really good beer store right now. 5 doors down is much more preferable. i'm friendly with the owners, so i need to follow-up now that i'm back form the least coast.

if there's anything out there that y'all would be interested in making a trade for the '14 plinys, holla

Got a case of Green Flash Road Warrior for the company happy hour this afternoon - anybody had it yet?

Threw in some Deviant Dales and 60 Minute too - extra happy hour.

Just picked up a mixed six pack:

Founders Curmudgeon
Red Brick 3 Bagger
Big Boss Big Operator
Dogfish Head Sixty-One
Green Flash Palate Wrecker
Dogfish Head Midas Touch

First time trying any of them.

just picked up some alesmith IPA in NC, heard good things and going to try it out tonight

Philly beer week is upon us. Couple sweet events this past weekend. Bullfrog sour/farmhouse taps at Johnny Brendas yesterday, doing Anderson Valley today, Ommegang tomorrow, Troegs Wednesday, and a crawl Saturday. I hope I live.

Philly beer week is upon us. Couple sweet events this past weekend. Bullfrog sour/farmhouse taps at Johnny Brendas yesterday, doing Anderson Valley today, Ommegang tomorrow, Troegs Wednesday, and a crawl Saturday. I hope I live.

I have completely flaked out on beer week this year - normally I have it all planned out. Any can't misses?

I have completely flaked out on beer week this year - normally I have it all planned out. Any can't misses?

I'm doing Anderson Valley at Strangeloves, Ommegang at The Belgian Cafe, and Troegs at The Cambridge. Here are some of my favorite bars and the breweries there:

Strangeloves has Allagash on Thursday, Firestone walker doing a barrel aging demo/tasting on Saturday, and Brewer's Art brunch on Sunday.
Cooperage has Bell's Tuesday and Barrel Aged Beerfest Saturday
Monk's has Cigar City on Friday
Tria has Nebraska Brewing Co on Wednesday
Bierstube has a sour tasting Tuesday
Eulogy has barrel aged tasting Tuesday, North Coast on Wednesday, Firestone Walker rare beers Thursday, Nebraska Brewing Co Friday, Goose Island rare beers Saturday
Brauhaus Schmitz has a Gose tasting Friday-Sunday
Percy St BBQ has Oskar Blues Thursday
The Belgian Cafe has Chimay Tuesday, Ommegang Thursday
Prohibition Taproom has Bells Monday, DuClaw Tuesday, St. Somewhere Wednesday, Goose Island Thursday, Jolly Pumpkin Friday, Oskar Blues Saturday
Kite and Key has Speakeasy Monday, Firestone Walker Thursday

I'm doing Anderson Valley at Strangeloves, Ommegang at The Belgian Cafe, and Troegs at The Cambridge. Here are some of my favorite bars and the breweries there:

Strangeloves has Allagash on Thursday, Firestone walker doing a barrel aging demo/tasting on Saturday, and Brewer's Art brunch on Sunday.
Cooperage has Bell's Tuesday and Barrel Aged Beerfest Saturday
Monk's has Cigar City on Friday
Tria has Nebraska Brewing Co on Wednesday
Bierstube has a sour tasting Tuesday
Eulogy has barrel aged tasting Tuesday, North Coast on Wednesday, Firestone Walker rare beers Thursday, Nebraska Brewing Co Friday, Goose Island rare beers Saturday
Brauhaus Schmitz has a Gose tasting Friday-Sunday
Percy St BBQ has Oskar Blues Thursday
The Belgian Cafe has Chimay Tuesday, Ommegang Thursday
Prohibition Taproom has Bells Monday, DuClaw Tuesday, St. Somewhere Wednesday, Goose Island Thursday, Jolly Pumpkin Friday, Oskar Blues Saturday
Kite and Key has Speakeasy Monday, Firestone Walker Thursday

Cooperage is right downstairs - will definitely hit that tomorrow, cause Bells.

I stumbled across an IPL this weekend from magic hat but before I could get a draft the keg was out.

I've never heard of this style. Anyone ever try it? I thought I was a decent beer expert but am totally clueless on this one.

I stumbled across an IPL this weekend from magic hat but before I could get a draft the keg was out.

I've never heard of this style. Anyone ever try it? I thought I was a decent beer expert but am totally clueless on this one.

Ballast Point makes an excellent one. I dig the style.

Back