• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

A friend was just asking me if I'd heard of AleSmith because their IPA was one of the best he's had (somewhere in Durham this week). I wasn't aware of AleSmith but it sounds worth checking out!

anyone know where to find hop drop n roll in ws? is it possible to get there? (or hickory for that matter)

Stella Brew should be making another trip to pick some up soon.

Yep, and when they have it, you have to get there fast to score some. They're only allowed to pick up something like 10 cases each trip now, since the demand went up so sharply after the gold medal. I think Grapes & Grains occasionally picks some up too, though i've yet to see it.

And yet Jam Session sits at Stella for a week or so before it's cashed. I love that shit.

Stella has typically had it available on Tuesdays. I keep bugging Jim at GnG to head down there, but as of a few days ago hasn't gone yet. I actually like the Jam Session better than Hop Drop.

Finally getting around to a bottle of Collaboration Not Litigation Ale I've had for a while.

This is some good shit. It pours like an amber ale, but is apparently classified as a Belgian strong dark ale. It smells a little nutty.

Kicked a couple bottles of Maine Beer Company Lunch over the weekend with a friend. Really, really good but I think some of these rare IPAs benefit quite a bit from the hype because they are so hard to find.

well done clt:

20140525_183119.jpg

yup. and the fact that i got it at CLT made it even better.

i was sure i wasnt getting one during my week in nc, but the carolina drafthouse outside of e6 hooked me. i even got re-routed from a connection in tx to direct to sfo to help put me at that blessed gate.

Deschutes got to PA a little less than a year ago but it's not always easy to find. I sprung for a mix 12 at like $45, expecting big things based on the hype and haven't ultimately been that impressed so far. Chainbreaker has been my favorite, and didn't think Black Butte or Obsidian were anything special. Hoping for good things from the other three.

Chainbreaker is the white ale right? Its decent - I like it better than the White Rascal from Avery. The only Deschutes I can think of that I really like is the Abyss. Their IPAs are all just ok.

Deschutes got to PA a little less than a year ago but it's not always easy to find. I sprung for a mix 12 at like $45, expecting big things based on the hype and haven't ultimately been that impressed so far. Chainbreaker has been my favorite, and didn't think Black Butte or Obsidian were anything special. Hoping for good things from the other three.

Their Red Chair NWPA is a great easy drinker for me, and not outrageous at <$9 per 6 pack.

have you had fresh squeezed? it's on the nugget nectar level for me.

Back