• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

I assume Cigar City is a must stop if I'm going to be in the Tampa/Clearwater area?

Had the bourbon barrel aged Sexual Chocolate at foothills last night - really good.

Had the bourbon barrel aged Sexual Chocolate at foothills last night - really good.

CFB had some nice barrel aged stuff. I was at biergarten around the time of their their brooklyn bacon pairing but i had to roll out before they got started with it.

Tasting a Russian River Santification right now... very good, it's like a sour ale

I'll be damned if Russian River ever makes a shitty beer, I pretty much buy any Russian River beer I see in any store

Had a Free Will Saison de Rose, a Weyerbacher Pumpkin, a Duck Rabbit Black Ale, a Great Lakes Oktoberfest and a Weyerbacher Autumn tonight. The last two stand out. The others much less so.

The cooler is stocked for tomorrow's tailgate.

BqlTE7RCMAE-wNp.jpg:large

83cd613cb6cfb5895c5c0491cca15b33.jpg

33 breweries per section. Contains sections a-v. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

83cd613cb6cfb5895c5c0491cca15b33.jpg

33 breweries per section. Contains sections a-v. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

How does this work?

Do you get a punchcard that limits you to a certain amount of tastings?

Also nice to see St. Arnold's get some recognition.

How does this work?

Do you get a punchcard that limits you to a certain amount of tastings?

Also nice to see St. Arnold's get some recognition.

Nope drink your brains out. If you drink every one oz pour offered you will consume 108 beers.

We were originally planning on going to the member's only session, but my wife's community college teaching schedule got changed, so she's now teaching during that session.

Someday we'll get to go to the member's session. Someday.

We were originally planning on going to the member's only session, but my wife's community college teaching schedule got changed, so she's now teaching during that session.

Someday we'll get to go to the member's session. Someday.

Thursday will be dope because they won't be out of anything. I'm excited for Saturday afternoon because the medal winners are announced that morning right before the session, which means I can hit up a lot of the winners.

Went to Cincinnati's Oktoberfest last weekend (Zinzinnati) and drank a lot of the usual suspects like Bell's Two-Hearted and various Great Lakes brews (pounded their Oktoberfest) as well as some smaller brewhouse beers and some of the more mainstream stuff like Sam Adams Oktoberfest (don't hate) but the highlight for me was the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. Absolutely fantastic if you can find it, I have zero idea about their distribution. There was also a Samuel Adams stout called Sam Stout (creative!) that's still testing in Ohio and Pittsburgh but that was pretty good too. Worth the normal Sam Adams prices for a six-pack to try it out if/when it gets a wide release.

Last edited:
Thursday will be dope because they won't be out of anything. I'm excited for Saturday afternoon because the medal winners are announced that morning right before the session, which means I can hit up a lot of the winners.

I'm definitely excited that no one will be out of anything on Thursday. We've missed out on one of our favorite breweries (Destihl) the last 3 years because they were already out at the very beginning of the Saturday night session.

I've got a 64 oz growler of Notorious IPA coming my way tomorrow from my boy in PDX. I'm gonna be the mayor of drunktown!

What beers should I be on the lookout for in Montreal next weekend? Wife loves her some Fin du Monde, but what else of note in Quebec?

Back