• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

I didn't know it was NBD until I logged one - it was a Appalachian Turtle Neck milk stout on nitro at Mellow and it was really really good.

While I was there a woman asked for help with the beer menu, saying she was usually a wine drinker. After discussing what she might like, I suggested she try the Nugget Nectar and I think she almost convulsed when she sampled it "must be an acquired taste!" and she ordered a house red.

I realize that, much like North Hills or Brier Creek are areas of Raleigh. Just gives a better idea whereabouts in Tampa the brewery is.
Sure, but you are wrong. Cigar City Brewing has never been anywhere near Ybor. Opposite side of the city.

Got my National Beer Day badge on untappd last night with a Hop Hunter IPA at Mellow Mushroom, and a 20oz Foothills/Cottonwood Frostbite Black IPA for $3. They also still have Sexual Chocolate on tap.

I went to Lost Province Brewing Company while in Boone this weekend. They have some really solid beers and the food was pretty good as well. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.

Had some awesome beers last night:

Bourbon County Stout
Reissdorf Kolsch
Cherry Moon Cider
Maine Beer Company "Peeper Ale"
and some trippel that I can't remember.

A good kolsch is so money. A bad kolsch is BAD. It's like a good apple vs. a mealy apple. Close to #1 fruit vs. WORST.

Reissdorf does make a good Kolsch. If you are in Raleigh anytime soon I recommend going to J. Betski's where they always have it on tap and serve it at the right temp.

Reissdorf does make a good Kolsch. If you are in Raleigh anytime soon I recommend going to J. Betski's where they always have it on tap and serve it at the right temp.

Gaffel is another good one that is not from micro in the states.

Peeper is good. I've had a couple good ones from them now. MO and Lunch are both really solid.

I've only had Peeper and MO so far, but I'm really digging MBC right now. I think they have some distribution in SC, but so far I've only had it when I've been in NY for business.

Yeah I managed to track down a bottle of Peeper a year ago, but that was difficult even just looking in MA.

boulevard just release Love Child (#5) this week and should be hitting NC next week. If youre a fan of sours, this one is a must buy as its a solid brew and if i recall $13 for a 26 oz bottle

boulevard just release Love Child (#5) this week and should be hitting NC next week. If youre a fan of sours, this one is a must buy as its a solid brew and if i recall $13 for a 26 oz bottle

Oh man. I was so bummed when #4 ran out, this is the bomb dot com. It runs about $22/here or so.

might be that much... have no idea just know that the other smokestack series are in the $13-$15 range. youre right though this may be a little more but worth it!

might be that much... have no idea just know that the other smokestack series are in the $13-$15 range. youre right though this may be a little more but worth it!

Sours are usually much more, and yeah thats what other smokestacks run for out

Palma's right the Love Child series goes for at least $22 due to limited availability. In Texas, Love Child usually sells around $28 which is pretty steep. Gonna try to look for it on draft.

Back