• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Yo palma and buckets - yall ever been to Sunset Beer in Echo Park? Such a great spot.

boulevard just release Love Child (#5) this week and should be hitting NC next week. If youre a fan of sours, this one is a must buy as its a solid brew and if i recall $13 for a 26 oz bottle

Picked it up at Stella for $19 yesterday.

Had some awesome beers last night:

Bourbon County Stout
Reissdorf Kolsch
Cherry Moon Cider
Maine Beer Company "Peeper Ale"
and some trippel that I can't remember.

I had the Reissdorf Kolsch last weekend along with two others. I liked them all. Really liked the Eventide one from Atlanta.

I know that Golden Road has a bad rep among microbreweries in SoCal, but their IPAs are incredible.

I'm sipping on a Point the Way, right now, after finishing a four-pack of Wolf Among Weeds last week.

Green Man ESB, Terrapin Hopsecutioner and Finestkind IPA. All quality IMO.

Knocked these 4 off the top 50 list this weekend:
145c4adb6a3cd73b2064d4a55f22f106.jpg

Nope, that was the teeter in Ballantyne (?) in clt

At Crank Arm Brewery in Raleigh. Enjoying a Rickshaw American Rye IPA. May try a Unicycle single hop pale ale.

Maui Brewing just started appearing around here. I loved the coconut porter. I strongly recommend it. The pineapple beer was also enjoyable, but in a smooth non-complex way. When really cold the pineapple flavor is barely there.

At Crank Arm Brewery in Raleigh. Enjoying a Rickshaw American Rye IPA. May try a Unicycle single hop pale ale.

The Unicycle is my favorite from Crank Arm. Love trying it with a different hop each time I visit.

Where's that in Raleigh? Good brewery?

Crank Arm is probably my 2nd favorite brewery in Raleigh. Good beers, fun atmosphere (including a patio), location across the street & just up from The Pit BBQ.

The Unicycle is my favorite from Crank Arm. Love trying it with a different hop each time I visit.

Crank Arm is probably my 2nd favorite brewery in Raleigh. Good beers, fun atmosphere (including a patio), location across the street & just up from The Pit BBQ.

whose your number 1?

Went through a handful of mixed 12 packs over the last week or so, ups and downs:

Ballast Point - Sculpin, Pale Ale, Wahoo
- Sculpin is always solid.
- Wahoo is an average white, nothing great.
- The Pale Ale is terrible, not sure why, but its barely even drinkable.

Clown Shoes - Hoppy Feet, Chocolate Sombrero, Galactica, Clementine
- Hoppy Feet is a decent black IPA, if I hadn't had a bunch of other black ipas I would like this one more, it is a couple of notches below 21sts Back in Black.
- Chocolate Sombrero is a stout, thats about it - promises a lot (mexican chocolate, ancho chile, cinnamon, vanilla) comes through pretty one note - not bad, not great.
- Galactica is an average IPA, not as good as Sculpin.
- Clementine is a really good white - has the orange/clementine under tones that make it a great summer beer, really enjoyed it.

DuClaw - Sweet Baby Jesus, Bareass Blonde, Neon Gypsy, Dirty Little Freak
- Sweet Baby Jesus I think has been described somewhere back along the lines, great beer - my wife loves this too and said it would be a great beer to get non-dark beer drinkers to start moving over.
- Bareass Blonde is an easy drinker, decent beer, won't blow your socks off.
- Neon Gypsy is another average IPA, I think probably the worst of the three, but still drinkable if you like IPAs.
- Dirty Little Freak is awesome - I had never had it, it is a Coconut Caramel Chocolate Brown Ale - lots going on, not too heavy, all the flavors come through, definitely recommend.

Back