• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Picked up some Pinner at Stella the other day, was surprisingly good, I was expecting something more bland when they called it a "throwback IPA".

Pinner has been my jam lately for a go-to session beer/casual drinking.

Man, bought a second one to have tonight to confirm, but Love Child #5 comes off as a disappointment to me. Its a sour without the sour. #4 might be my favorite beer. Tastes good and smells and looks great, but its just lacking that strong kick at the end.

Last edited:
Hit up the Ballast Point tasting room in little Italy down in San Diego on Sunday and then the Bruery on Monday on the way back. A little disappointed only 1 sour on tap at the Bruery given they have a lineup of like 20. And man, half of the Bruery's lineup were 10% ABV or higher (most like 13%). Just don't think I can get into those heavy of beers.

Palm you had the La Folie 15 yet? I don't know if it was just me but lacked a punch like the years past

Palm you had the La Folie 15 yet? I don't know if it was just me but lacked a punch like the years past

Actually have never come across the New Belgium sour, have bought a few lips of faith series thinking it was it then its something else.

But did just download untapp'd and realized that a place a few miles away has a keg of Pliny (called to confirm) and getting my first sip of that in about 4 hours.

Hmm, I liked the 15 La Folie better than the 14, but I'm actually a bigger fan of the Le Terroir overall anyway from New Belgium.

Also, had Boulevard's Love Child #5 a week or so back, that is a great sour.

Hmm, I liked the 15 La Folie better than the 14, but I'm actually a bigger fan of the Le Terroir overall anyway from New Belgium.

Also, had Boulevard's Love Child #5 a week or so back, that is a great sour.

except its not really sour? Or did I just get a terrible batch (as both bottles were from the same place)?

Pliny's good, but if this is as good as beer gets its not so appreciably better than a *insert random ipa here* thats worth all the hobbydom

Got some Pliny on the way back to Austin via a friend. Excited to check it out.

except its not really sour? Or did I just get a terrible batch (as both bottles were from the same place)?

Weird, the one I had was definitely sour (not the most acidic I've had, but definitely noticeable), assuming you're talking about #5.

Weird, the one I had was definitely sour (not the most acidic I've had, but definitely noticeable), assuming you're talking about #5.

Did you ever pucker up after a sip? I usually do with the bruery sours, cascade or the #4. Didnt at all with the #5

Did you ever pucker up after a sip? I usually do with the bruery sours, cascade or the #4. Didnt at all with the #5

Yeah, the first couple sips for sure. Mehbe you did receive some from a bad batch, the general consensus seems to be that this one is more sour than the #4 (I never tried that one though).

Scored a motherload today:

Maine Beer Company MO, Zoe, Lunch, King Titus, and Mean Old Tom. :woot:

Any Raleigh folk been to Blackjack yet? Verdict?

ETA: Ok, so I see DeaconPeach has.

Last edited:
This is delicious and doesn't drink like an imperial:
00e6cf5c3fb0cf690bd22927e71651d7.jpg

Tried the Pinner Throwback last week, and was pleasantly surprised. The onrush of the citrus hoppiness on the first sip was interesting...and it startled me a bit.

If you should find your way to Brevard, NC, I recommend the Brevard Brewing Company's Pilsner. Might be the best I've ever had. Their American Lager is mighty tasty, too.

Pinner is awesome. It is my beer of choice for crushing by the pool. Crisp and full of flavor for being a session beer.

Back