• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Heading up to Montreal this weekend with my girlfriend and planning to throw in a couple beer stops along the way. Thinking about stopping by Ebenezer's Pub in Lovell Maine on the way up (rated as the best beer bar in the world by Beer Advocate five years in a row) and then in Waterbury on the way back to grab some Heady Topper. Does anyone have any advice on anywhere else to stop by that's close to these two? I've heard Lovell is the middle of nowhere essentially but figured Vermont would have some other breweries in the Waterbury area. Any thoughts or help would be great!

Heading up to Montreal this weekend with my girlfriend and planning to throw in a couple beer stops along the way. Thinking about stopping by Ebenezer's Pub in Lovell Maine on the way up (rated as the best beer bar in the world by Beer Advocate five years in a row) and then in Waterbury on the way back to grab some Heady Topper. Does anyone have any advice on anywhere else to stop by that's close to these two? I've heard Lovell is the middle of nowhere essentially but figured Vermont would have some other breweries in the Waterbury area. Any thoughts or help would be great!

This is a good idea to hit up both of those spots. If you send me a Heady Topper I won't troll you for like a month.

Zombie Dust sitting on my porch. Beach trips awaits. Not a bad day.

Hills Farmstead is supposed to be one of the best breweries in the US and they're in Vermont. I believe Grassroots brewing is pretty close to HF also.

go to Dieu de Ciel

pumpkin beers already showing up on tap :rulz:

last week the Whole Foods near me had a giant pile of summer beer six packs on sale for $5 each while supplies lasted. now? it's a big pile of pumpkin beer (Schlafly I think).

pumpkin beers already showing up on tap :rulz:

I was told that this is Sam Adams fault - they have been slowly bringing out their seasonal beers earlier and earlier, so a lot of the smaller breweries have to do the same to make sure they have a place on the seasonal shelf space. I was talking with the Southern Tier guy, and he said it sucks, and they don't usually have a tough time getting people to take Pumpking, but a lot of the smaller ones were having a tough time over the past couple of years. I mean, the Pumpking was good, but it was July.

here's an article about it from a DC perspective

But instead of releasing it all at once, breweries sometimes release it in multiple waves as a marketing tactic. Retailers and bars are made to feel like they’re missing out if they don’t buy the product immediately, Engert says. “But a lot of times, a second huge drop happens in late August, early September,” he says. “And often times too, the distributor won’t be as forthcoming about that possibility because they’d love for you to buy pumpkin ale in July.”

Some of the most popular beers, though, will actually sell out before it’s seasonally appropriate to drink them. And if you don’t have anywhere to put it? “You’re screwed,” says Granville Moore’s Beverage Director Matt LeBarron. “All of a sudden a beer will get popular in the season, and everybody wants it. By the time everybody’s figured out the beer, it’s already out. There is no going back to the well and getting more of this beer.” LeBarron has not only ordered his pumpkin beers, he’s already got some Christmas ones, too.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...2014/08/27/why-august-is-pumpkin-beer-season/

enjoy the titty bars

IPA Day came and went. How did you celebrate? I went with Missile IPA by Champion Brewing Co.

Very good...

GET THESE PUMPKIN BEERS OUT OF MY FACE. LET ME ENJOY MY SUMMER JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER.

IPA Day came and went. How did you celebrate? I went with Missile IPA by Champion Brewing Co.

Very good...

We split a Stickin' in my IPA by Champion Brewing, which was made with legendary punk band NOFX. After all, it is our job to keep craft beers elite...

GET THESE PUMPKIN BEERS OUT OF MY FACE. LET ME ENJOY MY SUMMER JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER.

I went and bought another sixer of Ruby Redbird yesterday to make sure I have another chance at it. Pumpkin beers are my least favorite seasonal.

I went and bought another sixer of Ruby Redbird yesterday to make sure I have another chance at it. Pumpkin beers are my least favorite seasonal.

Did not care for Ruby Redbird. But I have friends who love it. Winter beers are the best seasonals IMO.

Girl I'm talking to loves Ruby Redbird. I was lukewarm on it. Wasn't really feeling it when I was blackout, bit too fruity for me. Had Arrogant Bastard Ale for the first time last week. Really solid brew.

Back