• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Oskar Blues' new IPA is pretty darn delicious. Look for it in a blue can, it's called simply Oskar Blues IPA.

Oddly, though, it's slightly lower alcohol than Dale's Pale Ale.

Tried the Ballast Point "Calm before the Storm" last week. It was pretty good; really messed with my mind to be drinking a blond cream ale with such a strong coffee flavor though. I had a small pour which was enough; not sure I'd want more than about 10 ounces in a sitting.

Had this little gem last week. Recommend.
uinta-brewing-monkshine.png

in boulder for work this week. any recs? at midnight sun now. will hit up the biergarten another day. may do a hike and hit up avery after one night this week. any new breweries in boulder i should try to hit?

in boulder for work this week. any recs? at midnight sun now. will hit up the biergarten another day. may do a hike and hit up avery after one night this week. any new breweries in boulder i should try to hit?

Upslope is tasty (nothing fancy but I love their business model). Definitely hit up Avery's new spot. Mountain Sun is good. Wild Woods is tasty.

I had Heady Topper and Sip of Sunshine on Sunday. So that was nice.

It's so hard to scale up and retain quality. I get wanting to expand from a domestic to an international brand, but you just hope it means the quality of their products doesn't suffer.

exactly. we've seen the same thing happening with 10 Barrel (bend) and Elysian (seattle); so far the quality seems to be ok, but it dilutes the brand if nothing else. I'm sure their sales have picked up drastically over multiple markets, but I've talked to the beer stewards in a few of the smaller grocers around here and they've all said that sales for both of those have dropped a lot.

I'm obviously thrilled with the news... If we can get it.

There's a price to pay when you want to sit at the big boy table.

Back