• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

I had it at some point in the past according to untappd - 4/5 from me which means it wasn't outstanding but was in the "solid IPA" range

4/5 seems right. "Outstanding" may have been skewed by snow day festivities.

A pleasant surprise...

What He's Having is super popular at Juggheads. They get it all the time and it sells very well.

For all the people who talk shit about Greensboro beer, Pig Pounder's Boar Brown won the gold at the World Beer Cup in the English Brown category.

Costco here has this awesome ballast point dark beer combo pack

Watched the deacs defeat NC state with a tasty peppermint porter

For all the people who talk shit about Greensboro beer, Pig Pounder's Boar Brown won the gold at the World Beer Cup in the English Brown category.

Greensboro beer is great but Pig Pounder's beer is all about preference in style. I'm not an English style fan so I'm not much of a fan of theirs. The Snout Stout is probably my favorite. Every attempt they've done at an IPA or other hoppy beer has been terrible.

Gibbs is my favorite brewery in town but wish they had more offerings. Preyer has been putting together some good stuff and in limited experience I haven't had anything bad (but nothing amazing) by Joymongers. Natty G's has been getting better, especially with what they have in the tap room with limited releases.

In other news, the best beer I've had so far in 2017 is Epic's Big Bad Baptista. It's big bad baptist aged with coffee, cocoa, and cinnamon. Just as smooth as the original with a ton of flavor.

I haven't tasted a Pig Pounder beer that made me say 'Yeah, I'll have this again' :noidea:

Had a sample of New Belgium's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ale yesterday. That is one weird tasting beer. Not a fan.

Finnigans Wake tapped a keg of Maine Lunch last night and are tapping Bourbon County tonight.

d905f26e50f247f71d5f7aaef17f62f8.jpg

That's dumb. It sits in the fridge, I pour from jug directly, and jug is gone in a few hours. If you're keeping it longer than that and needing to tap it you're doing it wrong.

That's dumb. It sits in the fridge, I pour from jug directly, and jug is gone in a few hours. If you're keeping it longer than that and needing to tap it you're doing it wrong.

Or, you know, you are not a heavy drinker who wants some options for a single fresh beer on a weeknight. Or, you know, you have scene like I do in Denver and make a day of growler runs as opposed to daily fills from one place.

Or, you know, you are not a heavy drinker who wants some options for a single fresh beer on a weeknight. Or, you know, you have scene like I do in Denver and make a day of growler runs as opposed to daily fills from one place.

But does that contraption keep it fresher than sealed in your fridge with a lid?

Back